What is going ON at Google?

RTDub

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this brief, and I hope I'm in the proper forum.

I have a rooted 2.2 Incredible, and my main GMail account is now not syncing. It should be noted that this is a Google Apps account, and Google recently tried (I emphasize tried) to integrate AIM into their GChat interface. I use AIM because most of my family does. After finally realizing that Google Apps accounts cannot invite buddies from outside chat clients such as AIM, it looks like Google reinstated the original AIM through GChat functionality. Still, Talk on Droid gets authentication errors.

This morning I got an urgent message from GMail stating that I was logged in from an unauthorized location across the country in New York. I immediately changed my password on my Google Apps account, and now my account will not sync in Droidland.

Now, I'm not sure if this is fallout from the Google Apps transition snafu or from a simple password change, but the only solution Google can provide is to reset my Incredible to factory. To do this, I need to unroot and reset, and I'm not even sure this will help the sync issue (unrooting is easy).

I know this is not a root forum, but was wondering if anyone else is having sync issues?

peterjariel

Reaction score
My wifes gmai is not syncing either. But she has a thunderbolt. We called Verizon and they said to do the same thing,a factory reset.

OP
R

RTDub

Reaction score
Resetting did solve the problem, but there is little to nothing out there about why. Google is fiddling with a lot of their products right now and is very quiet in the Google help forums.