What is FROYO?

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
I'm new and dumb about the wonderful world of Droid X but I have to ask: What is Froyo??????
Do I need it?
Why do I need it?
Does it mess with the stock operating system?
hershey

Technoman

Reaction score
I'm new and dumb about the wonderful world of Droid X but I have to ask: What is Froyo??????
Do I need it?
Why do I need it?
Does it mess with the stock operating system?
hershey

It is an OS upgrade, and you can't have it cause it isn't available yet. You can have a leaked version that has issues if you like, or you can sit and wait for the release.

For now... get to know your new phone. It can do some amazing things as it is. Froyo will extend it's ability.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Froyo is the 2.2 OTA update for Android.
You'll be notified when you get it.

OP
Gene Hirschman

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Thanks. Like said: I have enough to learn with the standard operating system.
I love the ease of transferring pictures, music, files to the Droid X as opposed to the ITouch that I was using. I fought ITouch all the way until I finally got the hang of it. Now the learning curve is with the Droid X. I have to say, Droid X is a lot friendlier phone.

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying that the leaked froyo has issues? I have it installed and it runs flawlessly! Better than the stock 2.1 for sure.

tobytl

Reaction score
idk but it just might be me but i hate it when people say/write "Itouch". Its Ipod touch ya'll.

I like iTouch, just sounds dirtier, like how I feel when using an apple product.

Besides, if we're being all marketing correct, it's iPod (little i big P).

OP
Gene Hirschman

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Now you'all play nice....its my gadget and I think I can call it anything I want :)
Actually ITouch is a much nicer name in print than what it gets called sometimes while using it.