What is eating up my internet data?

andreasf93

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a problem using packet data. I use a small subscription with my provider with a package of 200MB/mo and I need to use it wisely. I did a test of enabling packet data for a few minutes and having all apps closed and phone in sleep mode, then turned packet data off. Then I checked my bandwidth and it raised for about 0.5MB. So what is wasting up my poor 200mb data?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using DroidForums

rayr0d

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a problem using packet data. I use a small subscription with my provider with a package of 200MB/mo and I need to use it wisely. I did a test of enabling packet data for a few minutes and having all apps closed and phone in sleep mode, then turned packet data off. Then I checked my bandwidth and it raised for about 0.5MB. So what is wasting up my poor 200mb data?

Hi and Welcome!

Here are a few things that may eat up your 200mb data plan.

- Refreshing your email box
- Auto updates running on some of your apps
- Live widgets updating content
- Map updates when using navigation

that plan is a tough one, but if it fits your needs then why pay more for something you rarely use.

A couple of things that may help .. when you are in a Wifi area - use the WIFI - If you use social apps like facebook, make sure your settings are set to only update/sync via wifi. Make sure email delivery service is not on sync automatically..

Good Luck!

y0manda

Reaction score
My phone uses 200 MB just keeping the time. That is definitely a restricted allowance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Sheesh, I use over 400 MB just browsing the web, with occasional music streaming when I'm not on the house wifi.

OP
A

andreasf93

Reaction score
Well, my country's internet is expensive so I am forced to keep it low, at least on mobile. Thanks for the tips.