What is best deal on Z2 force turbo battery pack?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another reason some folks like the Moto Turbo battery Mod is that it allows to charge the phone & battery at the same time using a USB-C charger in the Mod port and listening to music using wired headphones using the phone USB-C port and the dongle that came with the phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just got the turbo Moto pack it arrived with 12 but when attached said it was turbo charging the phone.
I am now turbo charging the battery pack by itself as when I plugged it in while attached it stopped Charing my phone
It also caused a Moto mods app to download an update when attached but I can't find it to change the settings do you know what it's called the play store doesn't list that it did an update? There is a Moto mods manager dated 2016 that says installed on the play store but can't find a way to access. Is it in settings?

I am going to try charging my phone with the mod after it's charged

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto Mods download is in the main Settings menu, not an individual app. Settings > Connected Devices > Moto Mods.

That Mod had an update available a while back, so it updated when connected. Probably because you have your Play Store app set to auto update. My Play Store app is not set to auto update so my Moto Mods also do NOT auto update. It's not a big deal, the battery needed a software update and it happened. It's all good.

Just charge the battery and use it. Enjoy it.

d6beb064813db41d4319a1e8e8ac0fe8.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Another reason some folks like the Moto Turbo battery Mod is that it allows to charge the phone & battery at the same time using a USB-C charger in the Mod port and listening to music using wired headphones using the phone USB-C port and the dongle that came with the phone.

I have been charging my Z2 from the turbo pack.
It gives you options in settings when attached.
It can be changed from turbo to keep phone at 80 charge.
It also keeps disconnecting as I move my phone like the mod misaligns with Pogo pins as I use the phone or change the volume.
The battery by itself doesn't seem heavy but when attached the phone feels as think as a turbo 2 and prob a bit heavier and doesn't fit any cases I have.
I plan to use the battery when I'm below 15% and not near a charger to keep the phone light. It also gets hot while charging in turbo mod.

As you said in previous post it's easier to attach a battery mid then dangle a charger back off the USB pin and it seems ok but could be improved if they can ever make batteries lighter and less bulky. It wiggles in the back as I use my phone typying this.

I know some people think it's silly but I also electrical tape over the Pogo pins when not attached cause u don't like the feel of the pins and also want to protect them from rain(are the Pogo pins splash proof)

It takes 40 minutes to turoi charge 50 percent from battery but from wall turbo charger it's much faster so that could be improved but it's only 15 amps and wall and car are uoto 30amps. Probably a limit on how mauch a charging battery can emmit with current technology hopefully they improve in future.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That post would be a whole lot easier to read with punctuation. But let's see:

Yes, the battery is heavy, as already mentioned. The Moto Power Pack is thin and light, but not Turbo Charge capable...as already mentioned. If you want a thin & light battery Mod go with Moto Power Pack. If you want turbo charging go with Moto Turbo Mod. This has all been discussed numerous times.

The battery slides around while typing? I have almost every Moto Mod available and they don't slide around while typing. Is your alignment hole already worn out?

Are the Moto Mod pins waterproof? No. Use a case or a style shell to cover them. Or electrical tape if you must.

Do cases work with Moto Mods? No. That's has been discussed until we are all blue in the face. If you want Moto Mods...no case. If you don't want Moto Mods...there are cases available. Cases are made by third party vendors. They aren't going to make a case that fits over every single Moto Mod on the market, it's not economical.

I have the same battery you just bought and have used it on my Z Force, my wife's Z2 Play and my daughter's Z Play. It doesn't slide or shift while typing, it charges correctly, it causes no issues, it just plain works great.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Re-read my post I just fixed the formatting and fat fingered typing of the 1sr draft :)

Bummer on the lack of water proofing on the pogo pins

I'm trying to learn how to get the mod in and off without breaking the alignment pin
It seems that's a work in progress since I have tried 6 times and still not seemlessly easy.

Overall I give it a it dies what advertised and would rate it 4.5 out of 5 leaving the point five for future improvement.

In a tangent u talked with a Verizon rep at the store and he said the z3 series might be.out in August;. which is when Moto usually does releases . He agreed with me that the fingerprint on the side seems like it could touched accidentally to easily but we'll have to wait and see

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since Moto announced an August 2nd announcement a few weeks ago I would concur that we will see something new. This is my stand on Moto Mod batteries, and others opinions may differ.

** No intention of using a Moto Mod: buy a case and don't worry about them.

** Want to use Moto Mods:

* No case will cover them. Verizon makes bumper cases that work with Mods.
* Buy and use a Style Shell at all times to cover & protect the pins. They are not water proof and can be damaged.
* Need to charge: remove style shell and attach battery
* Phone is charged: remove battery, attach style shell and place battery on charger for when needed.

Numerous posts on different Forums have suggested that leaving Battery Mods attached 100% of the time is not good for the internal battery. Use it when needed, charge it when needed and enjoy Moto Mods. The whole point is to be tangle free and less stress. Use it when needed and enjoy.

Last edited: