what is benchmarking and how do i do it?

N

Nickchapa

I have heard people saying their phones benchmark or something at xxxx (amount). whaT is this

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Type in Quadrant into Market search and download the free app and run it.

It basically tells you how fast your phone run fps and such.

It will give you a different reading every time. I think they are worthless. JMO:)

OP
N

Nickchapa

cool thanks. cuz i was wondering what the benchmark thing in the setcpu app and did a "short bench" and "long bench" and it just tells me "lower is faster". do you know what this is telling me? and whats a short and long bench? also native bench?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
cool thanks. cuz i was wondering what the benchmark thing in the setcpu app and did a "short bench" and "long bench" and it just tells me "lower is faster". do you know what this is telling me? and whats a short and long bench? also native bench?

No problem.

Yea man I was running @1600's after froyo OTA with nothing done to my phone.

After I rooted, got rid of bloatware and installed a ROM it was running so fast.

But when I ran my benchmarks they were reading @800's. So numbers tell me

nothing:) I know how good my phone runs.

maderschramm

Reaction score
chkmate is right, the quadrant scores mean nothing, people are in this overclock war and are like ZOMG WITH A 300 VOLT TWEAK I CAN RUN MY PHONE AT OVER 9000 QUADRANT FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES BEFORE IT XPLOEDS IT'S SO AWESUM!!!1!!122@ONE!

I think it's dumb as well - I undervolt at 1.2 and it's smooth as silk with a 1600 quadrant