What handset are you (thinking of) leaving for the Droid?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Tour. A great device but the whole BB platform is outdated. I'm bored : )

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tour. A great device but the whole BB platform is outdated. I'm bored : )

im in the same boat i but im using a storm 1.... a played with a buddys storm 2 and was absolutly dissapointed.

it seems as rim is getting desperate and trying to re-invent some of their most popular phones but is comming up short when it comes to real progress..

curve 2, storm 2, tour 2, bold 2..... there giving these phones small upgrades trying to bring them out at as a new device when there 99.7% the same.

kmc1828

Reaction score
i had gotten the htc imagio when it came out, but when i heard about the droid (and after a couple major hiccups with the imagio that required me to hard reset it 2x in the first week) i returned the imagio and i'm now waiting on the droid :)

Champers

Reaction score
I currently have an 8330...and web browsing is abysmal at best. If I'm shelling out for the monthly data, I might as well have a device capable of using it!

TomN

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about swapping out my iPhone 3gs.

miniboss

Reaction score
Sony Ericson 810i - its a great dumb phone. built like a tank, great 2mp camera w/flash, great music player, FM radio, beat maker, easy T9, nice screen ... RIP 11/6/09

pilot25

Reaction score
Blackberry Pearl. However, every new device has problems and I imagine the Droid won't be any different.

JoeFresco

Reaction score
iPhone 3G. Want keyboard, Android, better 3G coverage, notification LED (I've sometimes been unaware of missed calls for hours on the iPhone)

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Leaving my BB Storm behind. I enjoy the screen, but that is the only thing keeping me tied to it. My hopes for the OS haven't materialized. 5.0 is a mess, and the core functions of the phone STILL aren't right. Granted, the Droid is new and will most likely have a set of bugs all it's own, but after my ride with the Storm I'm more than willing to let it try and prove itself.

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Dumping the Dare...looking forward to something with actual halfway decent apps, which the Dare sadly never really got. It has a couple, but nothing really nice, and as much as I'm on stuff like Twitter and IM, I need something better.

Had been looking to upgrade to a BB, but this got my attention, and held on to it.

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Dumping the storm1 with the new OS. Still buggy with memory issues. I just want a phone that does what it's supposed to without feeling overworked

mchoffa

Reaction score
I am dumping two horrible little LG Chocolates that barely work for two droids for myself and my wife... Should be like the difference between night and day for us! We have been holding off on upgrading to see if the iPhone would come to Verizon... the Droid made me not want to wait any more!

divalibra

Reaction score
I'm letting go of the dare..got it around this time last year and is on my second replacement..i think that once I get a smartphone I'll finally be able to hold on to a phone for longer than an year!