What Gives

badbear

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
216-372-9247
I was going to till a friend to go get a droid maxx. I love it I got the 32 gig. But why now is Verizion selling the Droid Maxx with 16 gig?

doogald

Reaction score
They stopped selling the 32 GB in May, stopped selling the Ultra as well, and replaced them both with a 16 GB model in two colors. The must have cut it down to 16 GB in order to meet a price point, most likely because high-end consumers interested in higher storage devices were not buying the Maxx in favor of the LG G3, the HTC One, and the Galaxy S5.

Tell your friend to wait a week or two and see if Verizon announces a replacement for the Maxx. It seems likely that they will - the Maxx is a year old and was already using older tech for the time it was released.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the Droid Maxx is still an excellent choice to recommend to anyone. Granted, it may not have the greatest specs on paper, but I think it (and the Moto X) proved that specs on paper are not always the only way to measure a phone. The X8 Mobile System is pretty awesome. The battery life, overall design, touchless controls, active listening, screen, etc, etc, etc are all pretty awesome. The 16GB version is the obnly one Verizon currently sells, if you are wanting one with a contract extension. But there are brand new 32GB versions available on-line if price is not an issue. For me personally, the 16GB model is a non-issue. Between cloud storage, backing up files to my PC and my plan to buy a OTG storage drive…I have not had an issue with storage space. Not that there is anything wrong with the other phones mentioned (G3, M8 or S5)…they are all great phones also. Phones are becoming like cars these days…it’s hard to find two people that will recommend the same model, everyone has their own opinions. You have to find a phone that suits your needs & one that you like, and not worry about what others think, IMHO. If your friend wants a Droid Maxx, I would still recommend it…it’s a great phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your friend can also find new and like new 32 gig variants of the maxx on swappa.. But if it were me.. I'd hold out for the turbo or whatever the next phone will be..

jfriend33

Reaction score
If she runs out of room they make some awesome micro usb flash drives.

You won't get more than 250 if you sell it. They're selling for $250 new.

I could be selling my pristine condition 32gb droid maxx on swappa.com or eBay. I have to decide if my other droid maxx (newer 16gb version) on my account can deal with memory. She doesn't like the flash drive idea.

Picking up a lg g3 tomorrow. If I like it I might use it, give my maxx to the other maxx user, sell the 16gb maxx, and wait for next droid.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.