What does YOUR homescreen look like?

SallyC

Reaction score
Alex is the bomb. Not everything he says or everything he promotes needs to be 100% believed, but he sure tears the pretty wrapping paper off of some really ugly things. I really enjoy when he has people of interest on and interviews them, senators, congressmen, former advisors, etc. That's when it gets really interesting.

No, I don't have a "safe room" bunker, nor do I have 6 month's of non-perishable food supplies, but there's certainly some truth in that philosophy.

BTW, you should simply root, if for no other reason than to be able to do screen shots. There are some really nice apps for root, and you can then start to explore the DARK SIDE of Android!! MMWWWAHHHHHH!!! :icon_ devil:

We don't have a safe room, but I suspect we're further down the rabbit hole than you.:serious: Alex got his start on C2C and is a frequent guest so if you haven't listened to their show you might want to check it out. Alex's show is more high strung than C2C and even though I enjoy the topics and guests (and all his research!), I find him difficult to listen to. C2C is a little more laid back - no yelling or high angst. There's a variety of subjects and guests on the show and not all are my cup of tea, but it is one of my favorite podcasts and imho well worth the fee to have access as a "Coast Insider" to all the shows as downloadable podcasts. Plus there's no commercials. But it's also available for free if you listen to it on radio stations - of which there are hundreds (it is the most listened to overnight radio station in North America).

I might root, but honestly, it seems like a lot of the problems I see here are with people who are rooted and it gives me pause. I'm used to having admin privs on any pc, network or website I manage but aside from some things like taking a screenshot, I'm not sure what I need to do on my phone that I can't. And until I spend some time learning the basics of being the admin, I'd be a bit leery I'd end up being one of the people in trouble. I will probably do it eventually, but I need to find a good primer and some time to devote to it first.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
We don't have a safe room, but I suspect we're further down the rabbit hole than you.:serious: Alex got his start on C2C and is a frequent guest so if you haven't listened to their show you might want to check it out. Alex's show is more high strung than C2C and even though I enjoy the topics and guests (and all his research!), I find him difficult to listen to. C2C is a little more laid back - no yelling or high angst. There's a variety of subjects and guests on the show and not all are my cup of tea, but it is one of my favorite podcasts and imho well worth the fee to have access as a "Coast Insider" to all the shows as downloadable podcasts. Plus there's no commercials. But it's also available for free if you listen to it on radio stations - of which there are hundreds (it is the most listened to overnight radio station in North America).

I might root, but honestly, it seems like a lot of the problems I see here are with people who are rooted and it gives me pause. I'm used to having admin privs on any pc, network or website I manage but aside from some things like taking a screenshot, I'm not sure what I need to do on my phone that I can't. And until I spend some time learning the basics of being the admin, I'd be a bit leery I'd end up being one of the people in trouble. I will probably do it eventually, but I need to find a good primer and some time to devote to it first.

I will be checking out C2C! Thanks for the tip. I agree, the yelling is a bit much. I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, but since he left our FM band and went to AM, I have lost touch.

Anyway back to the thread (supporting topic), rooting is no big deal. It's when the people start messing with deleting apps rather than freezing them that they get into trouble.

In fact, to root you don't need to do anything except to download and install the most recent Motorola Drivers, 32-bit or 64-bit, then download DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip (or the more , unzip the file to your desktop, then tap the Menu button on your home screen and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.

There are other versions listed below, but start with V2, and if it gives you trouble, migrate to the newer ones.

DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip <NEW>

DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

DooMLoRD_v1_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

Once done, connect your Droid RAZR to the USB port on your PC using the cable supplied with the phone, and select the Charge Only option from notifications drawer (top of the screen, pull down). Now simply open the folder where you unzipped the DooMLoRD Root and click on the runme.bat file.

The above is on our forum at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html, but I simply cleaned it up a tiny bit.

It's that simple, and after it does its thing, you'll be rooted. It's suggested that you then download the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Market, run it and protect root.

All of the above needs to be done BEFORE you update to 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US OTA. Once you've updated, you'll run the Rootkeeper again and click Restore Root. After that, it's simply downloading and installing Screenshot (free) from the Market and you're done.

Un-rooting is also simple and can be done from within Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, and it even maintains a backup of the root so you can re-root anytime.

Now you can do the screen capture...!!

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks, FoxKat! Right now I'm knee deep in trying to ressurect my husband's pc - either hardware failure or corrupt software - but I appreciate the succinct directions and links. :)

Edit : oops, I already got the OTA. My bad.

Kimo91

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1328895137592.jpg

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Kimo91

Reaction score
I will be checking out C2C! Thanks for the tip. I agree, the yelling is a bit much. I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, but since he left our FM band and went to AM, I have lost touch.

Anyway back to the thread (supporting topic), rooting is no big deal. It's when the people start messing with deleting apps rather than freezing them that they get into trouble.

In fact, to root you don't need to do anything except to download and install the most recent Motorola Drivers, 32-bit or 64-bit, then download DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip (or the more , unzip the file to your desktop, then tap the Menu button on your home screen and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.

There are other versions listed below, but start with V2, and if it gives you trouble, migrate to the newer ones.

DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip <NEW>

DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

DooMLoRD_v1_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

Once done, connect your Droid RAZR to the USB port on your PC using the cable supplied with the phone, and select the Charge Only option from notifications drawer (top of the screen, pull down). Now simply open the folder where you unzipped the DooMLoRD Root and click on the runme.bat file.

The above is on our forum at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html, but I simply cleaned it up a tiny bit.

It's that simple, and after it does its thing, you'll be rooted. It's suggested that you then download the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Market, run it and protect root.

All of the above needs to be done BEFORE you update to 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US OTA. Once you've updated, you'll run the Rootkeeper again and click Restore Root. After that, it's simply downloading and installing Screenshot (free) from the Market and you're done.

Un-rooting is also simple and can be done from within Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, and it even maintains a backup of the root so you can re-root anytime.

Now you can do the screen printing...!!

+1000 totally agree. Rooting is great to do but its thoe out there that not only root but refuse to do any nandroid backup and get bloatware delete happy. When they can't get the official updates the forums are full of "I deleted bloat and now my phone won't update". Why are there those that will take all the time to research how to root but take zero time to read about why freezing bloat is important and not to delete them.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Chrisdroidx

Reaction score
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330080506231.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330080506231.png
    290 KB · Views: 568

SEColwell

Reaction score
Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330091320074.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330091320074.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 617

SEColwell

Reaction score
Maybe this won't be blurry

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330091640935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330091640935.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 418