What do you think?!?!

combatmedic870

Reaction score
So I think im going to pick one of these up! Seems like everything I want in an android....phone like device.

40% better battery life seems like a pretty big deal IMO if true.

What do you guys think about it? Everything up to par? 3GB ram ok? 3200mah battery ok?

What do you like and what do you hate about it?

I like just about everything about it. I would have preferred a 5.5 inch screen and a smaller device. But its the same size as the current note 2, ill get over it.

This kind of seems like a small upgrade. But it really isnt at all. EVERYTHING about it has been touched with goodness. Battery, screen, s pen, CPU/GPU, ram.

Im happy

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I will be buying this phone outright at the release to keep my unlimited plan. I have the Note 10.1 and love it. I love all the upgrades especially the upgrade of the pen hover.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If it even holds on par with N2 on battery it'd be satisfied so increase even if not as big will be great...plenty of nice new features and it's another beast...Samsung has stepped up their game recently ..we like the goodies and keep on getting them..

N2 tap'd HD

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
I wish the note impressed me but it doesn't.

I don't know what it is. Probably the pen and the Samsung UI.

The leather back. Doesn't impress me either. I had that in 2009 with my Blackberry Bold 9000.

I don't see myself using that pen at all. Ever.

The LG G2 seems nicer to me. Camera features are awesome. The slide aside thing I see myself using that much more than a pen.

Last edited:

Rayv

Reaction score
I am crazy excited about this phone. I have the note 10.1 and love everything about it. Being a professional artist, the sPen is now a must have for me now that I've used one. I also use that pen for taking notes ALL the time. It is so much faster than typing/swyping. Just to give you an idea of what you can do with the spen, here are a couple of my drawings done on the note 10.1.
View attachment 66053View attachment 66054

The leather like backing I am not a huge fan of, but I always use cases anyway so that really doesn't matter much. The rest of the phone looks amazing to me :D

grumpy

Reaction score
I will be getting this phone. Goodbye Apple...back to a droid.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Didn't use the S Pen the first 5 months I had the Note 2.

But once you start it's hard to go back. Really is faster than Swype or SwiftKey. At least for the unskilled such as myself.

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Didn't use the S Pen the first 5 months I had the Note 2.

But once you start it's hard to go back. Really is faster than Swype or SwiftKey. At least for the unskilled such as myself.

Just looks like more of the same.

Also, Samsung UI is vomitus. Also the camera is better in the LG G2, you can also take screenshots and draw, have multiple windows. I just don't see how this is better. I don't see myself using that pen. I've had devices with pens before.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Just looks like more of the same.

Also, Samsung UI is vomitus. Also the camera is better in the LG G2, you can also take screenshots and draw, have multiple windows. I just don't see how this is better. I don't see myself using that pen. I've had devices with pens before.

Well if your not going to use the S-pen, then this device is not for you. The S-pen is the MAIN selling feature of this phone. Its really the only reason to buy the device. There are plenty of newer great devices out. The Sony Z1 and LG G2 are my #2 and #3 (in that order). Im going to try out the Note 3, if i dont use the S-pen, then I will very much so return it.

Right now, hardware feature wise, the Sony Z1 is top dog(IMO). Water proof, SD card slot, 1/2.3 RS camera sensor(vs the 1/3.0 on normal phones), 5 inch 1080p display of awesomeness(I expect the LG to be on par), 3000 mah battery, software buttons(i love them!), very thin with very very good build quality.

I really want to get a phone that im going to really use and learn. I think the Note 3 will be that phone, I will learn every mm of that phone before I move from a rooted stock rom. Plus 96GB of storage will be a thing of beauty!!!

My GF is already making fun of me due to the size of it.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I will be buying this phone outright at the release to keep my unlimited plan. I have the Note 10.1 and love it. I love all the upgrades especially the upgrade of the pen hover.

Yeah, I plan on selling my Nexus 7 2 and getting the note 10.1 2014 if I get the Note 3. The screen size difference just isnt large enough to keep the nexus 7 2. A 10 inch screen would make more sense.

With my IP5 the nexus 7 made sense. Plus I got my android goodness!!!!!!!! God did i miss it!

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Well if your not going to use the S-pen, then this device is not for you. The S-pen is the MAIN selling feature of this phone. Its really the only reason to buy the device. There are plenty of newer great devices out. The Sony Z1 and LG G2 are my #2 and #3 (in that order). Im going to try out the Note 3, if i dont use the S-pen, then I will very much so return it.

Right now, hardware feature wise, the Sony Z1 is top dog(IMO). Water proof, SD card slot, 1/2.3 RS camera sensor(vs the 1/3.0 on normal phones), 5 inch 1080p display of awesomeness(I expect the LG to be on par), 3000 mah battery, software buttons(i love them!), very thin with very very good build quality.

I really want to get a phone that im going to really use and learn. I think the Note 3 will be that phone, I will learn every mm of that phone before I move from a rooted stock rom. Plus 96GB of storage will be a thing of beauty!!!

My GF is already making fun of me due to the size of it.

I just HATE Sony phones. I've tested all the new ones and they're all crap. Just the screens are dull and soulless and the UI isn't that nice. The square design is uncomfortable.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I just HATE Sony phones. I've tested all the new ones and they're all crap. Just the screens are dull and soulless and the UI isn't that nice. The square design is uncomfortable.

Ive only used the Z, it was a very nice phone (IMO). The screen was nice and bright, the look and the feel of the device was great. The UI is ok. I would just go to pure stock android. Sadly enough, I think t mobile is the only carrier that is going to get the Sony.

It just comes down to personal opinion. You may want to make sure you try out the G2 before you buy. I have a feeling your used to AMOLED screens. The Z,Z1 and the G2 all have LCD screens. So they arent going to have the same pop that AMOLED screens have. IMO the Sony Z has a very nice LCD screen. So if you dont like it, you may not like the G2's screen.

Anyways....Note 3!!! yesh!

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Ive only used the Z, it was a very nice phone (IMO). The screen was nice and bright, the look and the feel of the device was great. The UI is ok. I would just go to pure stock android. Sadly enough, I think t mobile is the only carrier that is going to get the Sony.

It just comes down to personal opinion. You may want to make sure you try out the G2 before you buy. I have a feeling your used to AMOLED screens. The Z,Z1 and the G2 all have LCD screens. So they arent going to have the same pop that AMOLED screens have. IMO the Sony Z has a very nice LCD screen. So if you dont like it, you may not like the G2's screen.

Anyways....Note 3!!! yesh!

I'm used to IPS LCD. If you put the optimus GPro (ips) next to a GS4 (AMOLED) the Pro has a better screen. Much brighter.

The S4 has a better screen than the Z I think. The Z looked dull to me. I've never seen an IPS LCD screen 1080p of a modern phone as dull as the Sony Z. That's the first thing I noticed as soon as I turned it on. Then I held it and it was worse.

Last edited: