What do you prefer? Case or Skin?

loki993

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you all use to protect your D2?

The skins are interesting, but dont know are they a pain to put on and getting water near the phone is a bit scary if you ask me, I guess its ok though.

Any good cases out there? Ive been reading a bit and it seems that even the Seidos like to break when you drop them.

Reaction score
After using a Seidio Innocase on my first D2G, which I washed, I decided to go caseless on my replacement, and haven't regretted it. The case trapped dirt against the silver bezel on the front and caused some pretty deep scratches. IMHO, the Innocase was the best choice on the market, and it failed the test, for me. It was quite durable, IMO, I drop my phone a good bit haha. The skins generally look bad after a week or two of pocket use, and the ones that cover the screen make it look terrible to me. The phone is sleek and sexy, even with the extended battery, and it looks too good to be in a case. I've had mine without a case for a few months now, and it still looks brand new. Nothing sticks to it, nothing dents it, and the glass screen is almost unscratchable/unbreakable. I still use a screen protector, just for peace of mind, though.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I purchased the seidio innocase for my droid 1 and my droid 2. While both helped protect the phone, they both left several annoying surface scratches. Needless to say I now use my phone without any protection on it and I'm just super careful.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
I purchased the seidio innocase for my droid 1 and my droid 2. While both helped protect the phone, they both left several annoying surface scratches. Needless to say I now use my phone without any protection on it and I'm just super careful.

Yeah Definitly dont want anything that will scrtach the phone while "protecting" it

Most of the skins I see claim to be scratch resistant. are they not apparently? I'm talking about the clear ones, not anything with designs on them.

Last edited:

mboyz1

Reaction score
The cases all look horrible. The screen protectors ruin the quality of the screen. I got the glare reducent ones, which were $14, and I always took them off. I've had them off for a while and I have no damage to my phone. I'm pretty sure the screen is made of Gorilla Glass, so it won't scratch or shatter. And the colors on the phone are just the greatest. Why cover it up? I would go with no protection. Waste of money.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

LilSkippie

Reaction score

I don't know what brand of case i bought, but it did the same thing to my phone, it scratched the sides really bad, it seems like some dirt got between the case and the phone, and it messed it up, i just took it off and well i was just like :O the phone still looks sexy though. The scratches are just in the sides. The only time my phone has been dropped it was by a friend, and it fell on the back. The fall was like.... 20 cm of height XD it hurt me though. Im gonna keep it without the case, but i will be really careful

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
I have several cases for my Droid X2. Dirt and lent getting into the case is a problem but I learned from my D1 case to remove them from the case daily. At the end of the day I remove it from the case. Most of my cases are those simple cases you can get at the mall kiosks. They are no protection against drops just against minor scratches and dirt. I also have a Seidio active case and that takes some effort to remove but it too will get some dirt inside if you don't remove it daily.

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
I have a rubberized case because I broke 2 plastic cases. I also got screen protector and it has affected the touch screen especially playing Fruit Ninja. I recommend rubberized cases because they work lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sginn24

Reaction score
Case for actual protection.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cellularknowledge

Reaction score
I use the Otterbox Commuter, at first i had the defender, but i would only recommend that if your in construction or logging etc. the Commuter doesn't bulk up my phone as much which is nice. http://amzn.to/Mm7swy

Last edited: