What do you guys think of the Droid Moto Z?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What's up with the Samsung copied home button?
That's where they had to put the finger print sensor since they couldn't put it on the back, because of the snap on Moto Mods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Other than the camera hump / bump, I like it. I want one.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They all look alike now, iPhone clones in one or more ways...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They all look alike now, iPhone clones in one or more ways...
Rectangular with rounded edges. Apple even owns the patent to the design. Not since the death of the flip phone have so many looked so alike as the latest crop I'd smartphones.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Rectangular with rounded edges. Apple even owns the patent to the design. Not since the death of the flip phone have so many looked so alike as the latest crop I'd smartphones.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Agreed

natemail

Reaction score
Just got mine two days ago.. I'm very happy with it. The camera is not that great.. in fact I came from a LG G3 and I feel even that camera was a little better.. All things said I kind of wish I went with the s7 but I have to admit I'm a little excited about the mods and for some reason i would just feel wrong getting an iphone or a samsung. It is very thin but with a case on who notices.. I hope they can tweak the camera with an update, as well as the finger print scanner to allow you to customize its functionality.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats on your new device! Unfortunately, you probably won't see an update on the camera or fingerprint sensor as those are both hardware related, software updates won't improve their overall functionality.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If the Droid Z uses the Moto Camera app, like the Turbo 2, Turbo, and Moto X phones, you might see updates to the camera software. One of the things Moto did a few years ago was make many of their apps Play Store apps (like the camera, Moto Display, etc.) so they can be updated through app updates in the Play Store rather than waiting on full OS updates. Not sure if am app update would help with whatever you don't like about the Camera, but you may see updates. We had an update to the Turbo 2 camera within the first few months of release.

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just saw this on BGR. Nice write-up from an iPhone user about the Z Series. :cool:

There is absolutely no question that the first of the two phones I’ll cover here is the most underrated smartphone that has been released in the past few years — or perhaps ever: the Moto Z. This is due in part to an exclusive carrier agreement with Verizon in the US, which means the only way for people on other networks to get the phone is to buy it unlocked and pay in full. The unlocked Moto Z is actually on sale right now for $499.99, which is a fantastic price but still a lot to pay up front.

In terms of design, the Moto Z is the most intriguing and innovative smartphone the world has seen since 2007, when Apple pushed the industry away from tiny screens and keyboards. If you haven’t yet held one in your hand, you really should. This phone is insanely thin, and yet it still manages to pack in a beautiful display and a solid camera that, for what it’s worth, earned the third-highest ranking ever awarded by DxOMark. It’s the thinnest flagship smartphone in the world, but the fun really begins when you make it thicker.

The highlight of the Moto Z is a brilliant modular design that uses a proprietary port and a series of magnets to connect different accessories to the back of the phone quickly and easily. Lenovo calls them “Moto Mods” — here’s a promo that shows how they work...