what do you do after power outage

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I noticed that after any power outages all of my smart lights are on. My apartment is lit up like a christmas tree. first I would turn every single one off individually through alexa then finally got smart and now have a group created in the alexa app that turns everything off at once.

as with any tech, there may be something out there that will automatically turn everything off when the power comes back on - maybe a skill, ifttt or other. this way when power goes off/on and I am not home, it would take care of itself. any thoughts on this?

so for some ideas, what do you take care of your smart bulbs after a power outage ?

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have seen that company before but their reviews are terrible. Its bluetooth so range would be limited. when I first looked at them, they were not alexa compatible. but its been a while so maybe I need to look at them again. thanks for the info.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I guess you did not read the Future device designs such as WiFi

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

yea, I did but I was looking at what it is now. the future is just that, the future. it may or may not come about. Look what happened with tcp connected bulbs. they were working on buibs that was support to work with wink. instead, they dropped smartbulbs all together. Smart switches and smart bulbs are just too expensive to keep getting burned. and I got burned big time so I am a bit gun shy because of it. switchmate is an unknown company that may or may not be around a year from now.