what do the symbols mean?

S

stonecrest

Across the top of phone there are a couple symbols there, I have no idea what they mean. I even bought the book Droid X for Dummies, it doesn't get into what all the symbols mean either. The one to the extreme left is a red circle with an exclaimation mark in it. Can anyone tell me where to go that explains all this?
Thanks.. Love the phone now that it is easier to use.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure this has the answer but Google AndroidUsersGuide.pdf and look on page 25.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
For most of the symbols just pull down notifications and take a look. The same symbol will be next to the notification it goes with. That is usually clue enough.

P.S. When I see the red circle with the exclamation point it is usually from my weather widget and lets me know there is a severe weather warning.

Last edited:

tommyb38

Reaction score
Red circle with an exclamation point is a weather alert symbol. I believe it is from the weather channel app. If you drag your bar down and tap the alert it will open your weather channel screen and there should be a red exclamation point on the left. Push the point and it should give you a special weather statement screen!

msdfr

Reaction score
Yes, its symbol for a weather watch or warning. For me its from the weather channel app. If you pull the notification bar down, you will see something about the weather, as opposed to the exclamation point.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weatherbug is a red triangle
I got my first yesterday when out in the woods with my little girl. Tornado watch while out hiking. Bummer

wified from a monolith using a slider

karenhanson

Reaction score
What is the one that is to the right of the 3G symbol? I used to think it was how many bars of signal strength but isn't that what the 3G does now?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
What is the one that is to the right of the 3G symbol? I used to think it was how many bars of signal strength but isn't that what the 3G does now?

The little stair step bars? Those are still you phone's signal strength. The 3G means you are connected to the 3G data services. When you are connected to a wifi network the 3G goes away, telling you that it is not active, but your cellular signal strength indicator stays letting you know you still have a good/bad phone connection.