What Do I get!!!!!!????

nyr900

Reaction score
After waking up Christmas morning, all excited like a little child, I opened up my "big gift". Sadly my wife bought me a "convoy". Now, as much as it was a great idea, i wanted a smartphone, so now the search is on. What does everyone suggest for the verizon network, tomorrow is D-Day and I am going to get either the X or the Incredible. I work in a semi-construction field so i plan on getting some kind of otter-box or something else durable like it. Which phone does everyone suggest.? I know i have posted this before but i am hoping for some more responses.

SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Beka27

Reaction score
X is my pick, but I'm biased. Have you played with both? What are you looking for in a phone, any deal breakers?

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
basically i text a whole lot, i nevr used t 9 and before this new phone i have never had anything but a simple feature phone where i could type without looking at the phone pad. Also i love a good camera, and I will surf the net a lot. Past that i just want a phone that will be durable. As far as actual phone calls, i probably use about 200 minutes a month talking, so that isnt even a big concern

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Droid 2, then. The hardware keyboard is nice for frequent texters.

However, if you can just take it back and wait, next year is AWESOME for phones slated to be released. You will REALLY kick yourself if you "settle" for a Samsung Fascinate (an awesome phone) and have to wait six months for a software update or something when dual-core phones are dropping left and right.

Beka27

Reaction score
I love the large screen on the x for texting and web browsing. The phone comes installed with swype for text input. After a few days of using that, you'll be quicker at that than with an actual keyboard. Call quality is fantastic.

(For the sake of full disclosure, I haven't used a DINC except for a few minutes here and there in the store.)

I think someone posted a full review of both, hold on... lemme find a link.

Beka27

Reaction score
Can't find the review. But search both the DINC and X forums, you'll get a lot of pros and cons.

Or wait for Jan. But I know it's tough to wait.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
the problem is i keep waiting for a phone, and then another one is due to come out.... im just ready to get one already, as for the droid 2... my fingers are too big for the keys

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
yea, waiting is totally hard to do, and i figure if i get the phone now for free anyway whether through wirefly or bestbuy, i would not be losing that much.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have huge fingers and my problem with the D1's keyboard isn't the key size, it's the placement of the keyboard itself. I have an injured thumb that doesn't bend without pain and I have to bend it a lot to hit the QAZ keys.

However, if you think they're a problem then they're a problem.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
Im thinking The x as i read more and more. I was pretty dead-set on the INC for the past few weeks, now after seeing the X at a cousins house, i am Torn.... I also want to incorporate my hotmail and gmail accounts, i am sure that is fine on either choice right??

Beka27

Reaction score
The phones sync easily with gmail. I thought I saw a thread regarding hotmail sync. Try searching hotmail.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
I hope this snow storm doesn't close verizon tomorrow hahah. that would be my luck...

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
Will both the INC and the X Sinc with my Imail?
Now that i think of it.... i am a mac user.... What about Itunes and how that would link..... That seems like a dumb question, but for some reason i haven't even thought about it.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
True, i just started to use itunes about a year ago and i do not have a huge connection to it... and if i enjoy the droid as much as i feel i will, then i will happily sell my itouch and not worry about itunes ...