What Data Plan are you getting?

Zacko

Reaction score
I can personally confirm this. I came from a storm and was paying for the $45 plan due to the company BES. This morning, I mentioned how the switch to Droid would save $15/month. The store rep told me that I still needed the $45 plan if I intended to use active sync with exchange. I told him it was my understanding that if I was on a family plan I would only be required to pay $30/month and told him to put me on the $30 plan. I got home and had absolutely no problem syncing mail, calendar and contacts with my company exchange server. You do not need the $45 plan.

papy72

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion I am having over the data plans.

My current plan is the basic $39.99 plan w/450 minutes. I am wondering: if I pick up a droid do they simply add the $30 data plan onto my account?

I was kind of hoping I could just upgrade to the $69.99 "connect" plan, as it also gives me unlimited text messages (so I could drop my $5 250 text add-on).

I know it's basically a wash (i.e. $39.99 + $30 vs. $69.99) but I'd still like to know what I'll need to do.

Papakeith

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to understand why the current internet data plan I have for my voyager wouldn't be adequate for the Droid.
Currently I'm paying $9.99 for unlimited data access on a National Family Share Plan. Why would I have to pay another 20$ for the same access?
Can anyone help me wrap my head around the reasoning? Help.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to understand why the current internet data plan I have for my voyager wouldn't be adequate for the Droid.
Currently I'm paying $9.99 for unlimited data access on a National Family Share Plan. Why would I have to pay another 20$ for the same access?
Can anyone help me wrap my head around the reasoning? Help.

It could have something to do with the fact that your voyager only supported a certain protocol. With the Droid (and BlackBerry) plans, the unlimited data includes many types of protocols. So it's like unlimited internet browsing vs unlimited data. Two different balls of wax.

Papakeith

Reaction score
I think I may have stumbled upon an answer to my own question. It appears that the Droid (for whatever reason) is not "compatible" with the Connect Plans.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 151

Papakeith

Reaction score
Thanks, They do make a distinction between mobile web, and Web Browsing on the two different plans. I guess that's the difference.

Szyslak

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion I am having over the data plans.

My current plan is the basic $39.99 plan w/450 minutes. I am wondering: if I pick up a droid do they simply add the $30 data plan onto my account?

I was kind of hoping I could just upgrade to the $69.99 "connect" plan, as it also gives me unlimited text messages (so I could drop my $5 250 text add-on).

I know it's basically a wash (i.e. $39.99 + $30 vs. $69.99) but I'd still like to know what I'll need to do.
As others have stated, the connect plan doesn't cover data usage for smart phones. You would need your current plan, plus a $29.99 data plan for a smart phone. You would still need the $5 for 250 text add-on as well.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
when i got my droid today, i ask the rep if there is anymore changes on the data plan since i have the tour.. he said, i'll hva eto pay $33 including the visual voicemail.. is the visual voicemail mandatory??

BigTex71

Reaction score
when i got my droid today, i ask the rep if there is anymore changes on the data plan since i have the tour.. he said, i'll hva eto pay $33 including the visual voicemail.. is the visual voicemail mandatory??

No. Maybe he meant "it will be $33 including the visual voicemail" instead of the "you will have to pay $33 including the visual voicemail" " part? Typical sales tactic.

kwood

Reaction score
how much are you all paying a month, i have my wife on here env*touch with unlimited texting im tryin to figure out how much it would be total when i get my droid!?