What Data Plan are you getting?

OP
D

dean.collins

Reaction score
also just clarified with customer support today - both data plans ARE restricted to 5gb per month with 10c per MB after that.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also just clarified with customer support today - both data plans ARE restricted to 5gb per month with 10c per MB after that.

The $44.99 plan as discussed before was the same for BB on BES. If you need thier exchange server you pay a fee ;).

Yes they say they are capped but I look at my useage all the time. They would have shut me off already cause i'm wel over every month. Now that is on a BB so we'll see.

OP
D

dean.collins

Reaction score
Nope the $44.99 plan is required if you are using "YOUR OWN BES or EXCHANGE SERVER" this isn't an additional fee for "Their Server" it's just to cover additional data charges.

As soon as i ask why do you call it unlimited if it's actually 5gb the CSR's responce was "well it's really hard to go over the limit on a phone". My response was well i go over that limit on my AT&Taccount regularly so i guess Verizon isn't for me.

it really pisses me off that 5gb can be marketed as unlimited - expecially when you are buying a phone that is "Cutting edge and meant to be pushing the boundaries".

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes as soon as i ask why do you call it unlimited if it's actually 5gb the CSR's responce was "well it's really hard to go over the limit on a phone". My response was well i go over that limit on my AT&Taccount regularly so i guess Verizon isn't for me.

it really pisses me off that 5gb can be marketed as unlimited - expecially when you are buying a phone that is "Cutting edge and meant to be pushing the boundaries".

Again,

If you aen't teathering they don't bother you. I guess anything is possible though :mad:. 5gb is enforced on data cards and such (broadband access). On your phone it won't affect you. Now you may also be correct in saying that VZW isn't for you! I can respect that and hope you will continue to be a member here. With useful input and knowledge and good posts. Have a great day :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dean.collins;5536[B said:
]Nope the $44.99 plan is required if you are using "YOUR OWN BES or EXCHANGE SERVER" this isn't an additional fee for "Their Server" it's just to cover additional data charges.[/B]

As soon as i ask why do you call it unlimited if it's actually 5gb the CSR's responce was "well it's really hard to go over the limit on a phone". My response was well i go over that limit on my AT&Taccount regularly so i guess Verizon isn't for me.

This has not changed from carrying a BB. PLease understand that. Most BB users do understand this charge already

Poley

Reaction score
When i get my droid, I'm downgrading to 29.99 a month and adding the insurance. Cant believe i was wasting and extra $15 a month for the active sync that i rarely used due to how much it stinks. Unless your doing extreme downloading 5GB is more than enough data

OP
D

dean.collins

Reaction score
Again,

If you aen't teathering they don't bother you. I guess anything is possible though :mad:. 5gb is enforced on data cards and such (broadband access). On your phone it won't affect you. Now you may also be correct in saying that VZW isn't for you! I can respect that and hope you will continue to be a member here. With useful input and knowledge and good posts. Have a great day :D

Are you really thinking that you cant go over 5gb a month with the droid?

even just regular email/browsing/streaming video/radio -pandoras etc it is easy to go over 5gb a month.

i can just imagine someone getting hit with some serious over5gb usage charges if Verizon actually enforce this.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again,

Are you really thinking that you cant go over 5gb a month with the droid?

even just regular email/browsing/streaming video/radio -pandoras etc it is easy to go over 5gb a month.

i can just imagine someone getting hit with some serious over5gb usage charges if Verizon actually enforce this.

NO I think it's possible, but browsing isn't downloading, email is light, radio I use slacker all day, i've used the directv Sunday Ticket app to watch games. They have never even sent a letter. Never. I've been on BB for 3 years now. We have 2 Storm's and now a Droid (coming). On a broadband card or mifi or something yes they will say something. History tells me on a phone they don't ;). So try ot relax. Also with the 30 day guarantee. You can actually buy one and try it for 30 days. If you go over. Cancell and no charges. I'll bet you'll be happy that you did :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When i get my droid, I'm downgrading to 29.99 a month and adding the insurance. Cant believe i was wasting and extra $15 a month for the active sync that i rarely used due to how much it stinks. Unless your doing extreme downloading 5GB is more than enough data

A lot of people over pay for that. Most don't need it. I'm good on the $29 plan also

Donsell

Reaction score
It's not your fault. Every store rep I've talked to says you need it. I've never had it and never needed it.

OP
D

dean.collins

Reaction score
It's not your fault. Every store rep I've talked to says you need it. I've never had it and never needed it.

Are you running Microsoft Exchange Activesync though?

I'm trying to understand if its a "contractual obligation" eg, something you should do but technically they couldn't prevent it

OR

It's a "Physical Requirement" eg they block activesync ports on the $29.99 plan.

BigTex71

Reaction score
There is so much misinformation out there regarding the $30 vs $45 plan.
If you have a PERSONAL account through Verizon, you can use the $30 data plan AND you can sync with exchange.
If you have your phone line through a BUSINESS plan, the $30 plan is now $45 (because they can charge more for businesses - just like internet service.)
That is the ONLY difference. It is depending on whether it is a phone line account on a BUSINESS or PERSONAL account. If the rep told you differently, they are misinformed.