What bothers you the most with the incredible

zgruven

Reaction score
The fact that City ID is there and I can't get it off.

It's like the kid at the party that no one really likes but is just there. And he won't leave.
Yes this really bugs me. Why would I want to spend $1.99 to see where the person is calling from?? I wish I could remove it.

zgruven

Reaction score
i know this is being picky, but the one thing i wish i could change right now is the favorites contact widget. i love that you can put 9 people in it, but i wish after selecting the person you could select whether you want to phone or text them. some people will say this is an unneeded extra step, i'm just so used to doing that with my old phone.

to date i dont really have any complaints.

This is completely do-able. :)

Step 1. Go into "people" (aka contacts)
Step 2. Select a person.
Step 3. Press the menu button.
Step 4. Select "more"
Step 5. Select "set widget action"
Step 6. Select "view contact"

Now when you select a contact's image from your "favorites" widget, you will view their contact information and you are able to select the type of communication you wish. (text msg, call, email)

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

WOW thanks bro I did not know about that either..

phillipsjosh2415

Reaction score
i know this is being picky, but the one thing i wish i could change right now is the favorites contact widget. i love that you can put 9 people in it, but i wish after selecting the person you could select whether you want to phone or text them. some people will say this is an unneeded extra step, i'm just so used to doing that with my old phone.

to date i dont really have any complaints.

This is completely do-able. :)

Step 1. Go into "people" (aka contacts)
Step 2. Select a person.
Step 3. Press the menu button.
Step 4. Select "more"
Step 5. Select "set widget action"
Step 6. Select "view contact"

Now when you select a contact's image from your "favorites" widget, you will view their contact information and you are able to select the type of communication you wish. (text msg, call, email)

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Yes, thanks for this tip. I wanted to be able to do this also and did not know it was an option. Much better now. Thanks.

Leila

Reaction score
Coming from an iPhone, I am missing taking a screen shot, something that was very simple to do on the iPhone. I also wish I could customize the LED light to blink different colors for text, emails, missed calls, etc. I don't see an option to do this. And last I can't find a way to put both my emails on the email widget so I can preview all my emails on the widget. I do love this phone though :)

NYZ93

Reaction score
Coming from an iPhone, I am missing taking a screen shot, something that was very simple to do on the iPhone. I also wish I could customize the LED light to blink different colors for text, emails, missed calls, etc. I don't see an option to do this. And last I can't find a way to put both my emails on the email widget so I can preview all my emails on the widget. I do love this phone though :)

Try blink or missed call both apps change led color not sure which works for Inc but they work for moto droid

J

Johnly

Plastic, it is made in a foreign country, and the Motorola X will have a Texas OMAP..FTW! Plastic ain't fantastic, built in the USA IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moonnite

Reaction score
the biggest issue i have with my htc inc is that i cant use the blasted wii mote controller apps as none of them work with sense ui !! #@$%^W!

a close second is availability of tv out cables ...

oh and the lack of ability to disable prgrams in the starting process without running another program to intercept starting, i have over 300 apps on my phone, it kinda takes a hit to some of its function and speed

what happen to fun camera settings? no templates or frames

wish the market had option to cache program info

actual there is like 100 things i'd like different on the phone, i should start writing them down vs trying to remember at 2am :p

but seriously wii control + tv would make me satisfied with the phone and stop debating returning it

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I hate the hardware. This thing was put together with such cheap, ****ty plastic. The plastic around the micro usb port snapped in half and was sticking out so I had to push it back in, the letters peeled off the back, and my power button seems to be lower on the left side than the other. I don't even do anything to the damn thing!

And battery life truly is a joke.

Besides that, I love the software of it.

CeeDroid

Reaction score
^^^ the letters on the back came off of my Incredible too

raduray

Reaction score
Overall, it's a great improvement over the Blackberry Storm, but I'll return it within the 30 days and get a Droid X. Main things I don't like:
1. Battery Life
2. Touch Keys - I keep pressing them inadvertently when using the phone and it takes me where I don't want to go. The Droid X had physical keys.
3. Display sucks in sunlight - I'm willing to sacrifice some indoor color spectrum for outdoor performance.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the biggest issue i have with my htc inc is that i cant use the blasted wii mote controller apps as none of them work with sense ui !! #@$%^W!

a close second is availability of tv out cables ...

oh and the lack of ability to disable prgrams in the starting process without running another program to intercept starting, i have over 300 apps on my phone, it kinda takes a hit to some of its function and speed

what happen to fun camera settings? no templates or frames

wish the market had option to cache program info

actual there is like 100 things i'd like different on the phone, i should start writing them down vs trying to remember at 2am :p

but seriously wii control + tv would make me satisfied with the phone and stop debating returning it

And I asked one time for Inc owners to test the Wiimote app using their TV Out...opps.

Someone mentioned the screen viewing outside: the other day, just messing around with my phone outside, I turned off auto brightness and turned it the all the way up on my Droid...and I could see alot better outside. So try that for viewing outside, see if it helps.

The indoor setting just wasnt cutting it outside. It was perfect indoors tho.

steve3624

Reaction score
Things I wish were different on the Incredible

I think the touch screen is to sensitive some times my finger bounces or just barely touches the screen prior to arriving at my target and I end up with extra letters or numbers. I wish the usb connector was on the bottom or the other side, when I want to use the phone for a night clock and I want it to charge over night the plug gets in the way from setting the phone so I can see it while in bed. Don't get me wrong I love the phone, this is my first smart phone.

zMd113

Reaction score
Good grief people this phone is amazing! It's super fast and has tons of customization.
They only thing I could possibly gripe about is the virtual keyboard, but that has to do more with the size of the screen not the software itself.

PaulRivers

Reaction score
I think the touch screen is to sensitive some times my finger bounces or just barely touches the screen prior to arriving at my target and I end up with extra letters or numbers. I wish the usb connector was on the bottom or the other side, when I want to use the phone for a night clock and I want it to charge over night the plug gets in the way from setting the phone so I can see it while in bed. Don't get me wrong I love the phone, this is my first smart phone.

Yeah, I found that after a while I crazed a "less sensitive" screen, despite all the hype, as well.