What Bionic Accessories did you get?

J

Jesswood

I bought a water proof case! its pretty neat, im excited to use it out on the boat!

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a Otterbox defender, otterbox commuter, TPU case with hard back cover, and a lapdock 100 :p

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Otter box commuter.....then moto extended battery. Can't use otter box now lol.

J

Jesswood

I really like the Droid Bionic, it has a lot of great accessories and a bunch of them are universal to other droids which i like cause me and my family can share them. http://amzn.to/LLNPfO

deduct

Reaction score
I just ordered my lapdock from amazon for $69.00. Cannot wait to get it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

silvrbullt1

Reaction score
Just bought the car dock for 22 and the standard for 14 from verizon store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

J

Jesswood

I grabbed the extended battery for a nice price after my corporate discount.

I'm looking to add a car dock soon but not sure which one. I currently use a dock that sits in my cupholder. Thinking of getting a proclip when they introduce the bionic version. But now I am also wondering if the window dock is worth considering.

incr.jpg
http://amzn.to/SQAHMb

Motorola makes a navigation dock, the suction cup works great and holds the phone perfect, and you can keep the case on when using the dock.

Reaction score
I just picked up a new Bionic today on ebay, somone did the insurance replacement at best buy since they had a warranty and then upgraded so the phone is brand new and very good price wise. I'm about to come off contract but I'm also not about to upgrade to a subsidized phone and lose my unlimited LTE. Looking at the specs... I really can't see how anything new is really better. Bionic has ICS, dual core, 1gb ram, I actually like the pentile screens because I work outside alot... yeah... Anyway I jumped on Amazon and grabbed the OEM extended battery/door, TKU flexible extended battery case, zagg screen protector, desk dock and car dock (both apparently still fit the extended battery and the case I got). I also got the lapdock since they are $70 and I hear good things about the new webtop on ICS. Plus I don't want to lug my 17" laptop around unless I'll be staying somewhere for awhile. I'm holding off on adapter cables for the lapdock to see if it might just fit without them since I hear it fits with the extended battery and this case is minimalistic. I might always just take a dremel to it so I don' thave cables everywhere if it doesn't fit or just take it out of the flex case since there will be no plastic tabs to snap off unlike a hard case. Looking forward to all this, I hear nothing but good things about the Bionic and also how it is one of the only Moto phones with a camera that does not suck.

bionic207

Reaction score
Some where someone had said if you take the extended battery door off the otterbox will fit

Reaction score
View attachment 53413
Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger for DROID BIONIC - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Motorola makes a navigation dock, the suction cup works great and holds the phone perfect, and you can keep the case on when using the dock.

Motorola accessories like this are one of the main reasons I keep sticking with Moto even after the disaster that is my Droid 3. Blue camera, slow, restarts all the time... Even wit a full sbf and reload of everything... No flash fixes the blue camera but then I can't take pics in dim light... ugh.. Anyway Moto is the ONLY company that realizes that a LOT of ppl use cases or extended batteries (or both) and would like to be able to use the phone specific docks and not some universal clamp garbage. They had a false start with the DroidX accessories as they still didn't quite fit with cases without some dremel work. My Droid 3, as much as I've had issues with it, is in a case and still drops perfectly into the car dock and the desk dock. I just grabbed a new Bionic and have one of these on order. Word on the street is that with the extended battery AND A CASE, the Bionic still works just fine with all the docks except for the lapdock and there are extension cables for that so no biggie there. No it won't work with an otterbox because otterboxes are unnecessarily gynormous but I know from multiple reviews that it'll work with the extended battery TPU case just fine.

What is tits about the docks is that they will activate either car or desk mode automatically depending on the dock. With my D3, I have the dock on my nightstand and I drop the phone in there at night to charge and it automatically turns into an alarm clock. Touch the screen and it goes to a dim green clock only screensaver, touch again and it dims even more, touch a third time to bring the main dock screen back up. The car dock... yeah its amazing and if you are good at car stuff or know someone who is, run all the wires behind the dash and you'll never see anything. I have my dock in the bottom left corner of my windshield with the wires ran behind the dash and a $5 radio shack cigarette lighter plug wired into the fuse box. No bluetooth radio but my pioneer does have red/white inputs on the back so another $5 adapter for headphone to RCA and its all hidden. I can stream slacker (or from my google cloud now that I'll have unlimited LTE) right into my car stereo through the phone. Must have accessories for any moto phone and moto does make the best docks. Too bad Samsung doesn't do the same thing... they make docks but they don't work with any cases...

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have the standard dock, HD dock and Vehicle navigation dock. With the inserts out of each, my extended battery bionic wrapped in a tpu case fits perfectly.

I have been a Motorola fan since the original Brick Phone and have only had 2 phones over the years that weren't Moto and they were both a bad choice in hindsight lol. Their accessories just plain rock, even if they are a bit steeply priced.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

lanza_david

Reaction score
2THEXTRM, is this the one? They say in the website that it is unlikely to fit in the docs, but you say it does, so it got me excited to get the extended battery since I use both docks every day.

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_26&products_id=186

2THEXTRM said:
I have the standard dock, HD dock and Vehicle navigation dock. With the inserts out of each, my extended battery bionic wrapped in a tpu case fits perfectly.

I have been a Motorola fan since the original Brick Phone and have only had 2 phones over the years that weren't Moto and they were both a bad choice in hindsight lol. Their accessories just plain rock, even if they are a bit steeply priced.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!