What back up program do you use?

hlaalu

Reaction score
Curious as to what everyone is using. I have astro file manager right now which is great for backing up apps, but I've been looking at My Back up pro. It's $5 but it looks like it backs up everything to the sd card and to their server, anyone try it?

BostonBill

Reaction score
I have Astro and Titanium Backup on my Droid.
Not sure how to actually restore using them though. Lots of options, not too much documentation. :)

psycopcs

Reaction score
Titanium Backup is the best, especially if youre constantly flashing your phone

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TITANIUM BACKUP PRO DONATE $3.99 and well worth it if you Flash several roms a day like some of us. even just flashing a rom when new updates come out this will back up all your apps, app data, system data. unlike astro = for NON-Rooted DROIDs

TBP = BEST FOR ROOTED DROIDS being able to install all your apps and data after a new ROM flash with the click of a button = MAJOR WIN!

-=Jason=-

Reaction score
can you use titanium for non rooted droids?
would it backup all your data even widget settings and screen location placements etc...
thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use My Back Up Pro, and Astro. I have to look into Titanium, I haven't heard anything about it.

forkup

Reaction score
TitaniumBackup FTW, yes it backs up all settings...ALL!!!

Testudo

Reaction score

So if you use that paid program for a backup, it does apps, contacts, messages, widgets etc with one click? If so, I will upgrade to the paid now and try out a 2.1 rom.

OP
hlaalu

hlaalu

Reaction score
Titanium looks great. My droid isn't rooted though, could I still use it?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So if you use that paid program for a backup, it does apps, contacts, messages, widgets etc with one click? If so, I will upgrade to the paid now and try out a 2.1 rom.
YES..

when it installed my hancent again I have all my messages STILL THERE.....

-=Jason=-

Testudo

Reaction score

YES..

when it installed my hancent again I have all my messages STILL THERE.....

-=Jason=-

Thanks Jason. I have been hesitant to upgrade after having to restore everything manually numerous times before.

huskur

Reaction score
To answer several posts before this one.....

Titaniumbackup is specifically for root users.

OP
hlaalu

hlaalu

Reaction score
To answer several posts before this one.....

Titaniumbackup is specifically for root users.

Thanks, and on that note, I went ahead and purchased Mybackup Pro.

My review:
Very impressed with it, it backups all apps and puts them in a zip file on the SD card or online (your choice) and also backups all phone data:

Contacts
Call log