What are your 3G download/upload speeds?

B

budmonster

What are your 3G download/upload speeds?

I live in Pittsburgh and I'm currently getting horrible 3G speeds. I've seen people post on these forums and others, that they've got 1.5MB/s + download speeds before. I'm lucky to get 300-400kbps down on my DX. I'm in a good area, I checked the VZW map.

I was wondering if you guys can post where you live, what your download/upload 3G speeds are and what app or website you used to test your speeds. I just want to get a general idea of what fellow VZW and Droid users are getting.

I need to know if its time for me to call VZW and complain. I just bought a new phone, used my upgrade and extended my contract for another 2 years. I'm tired of getting horrible speeds. It literally takes a couple minutes to bring up the Facebook app to load pictures and using the stock browser, it unbelievable how long I have to wait for a webpage to load.​

Fluffy

Reaction score
How do you test it? ill help if I know how haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

budmonster

-You can download the SPEEDTEST.net app from the Market, I believe there are several speed test apps you can d/l for free.

-You can test it by tethering then going to website and testing you speed.

-And I think you can open up a speed test website on your phone and do it that way too.

Technoman

Reaction score

-You can download the SPEEDTEST.net app from the Market, I believe there are several speed test apps you can d/l for free.

-You can test it by tethering then going to website and testing you speed.

-And I think you can open up a speed test website on your phone and do it that way too.

Tethering speed is not indicative of the speed the phone is actually getting.

Jaeger

Reaction score
I'm in eastern PA.

my download speeds range from 780 to 1225. My upload speeds seem pretty steady in the mid 800s. Thats on 3g.

On wifi here at home I range between 5500 and 7800 for download and 2800 to 3000 for upload.

Interesting, I switched to a server in MD from the one in Philly and my download speed jumped to 11000 on wifi.

Fluffy

Reaction score
I'm in southern maine, round saco area. D/u= 288/88 on 3g (I live near woods lol) and 5586/1086 on my wifi

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
1900kbps down 535kbps up
Speedtest.net app

I live in a small town, and travel into a larger city to work. Get better speeds at home lol.

Technoman

Reaction score
949kbps down and 480 kbps up on 3G inside my house. I am sure it would be faster in an area with better signal.