What are the TB's "problems"?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
As the title says, what are the Thunderbolt's problems, I keep hearing about "all the thunderbolt's problems" well what are they? Haha thanks to anyone who bothers answering, though this is a legit question!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have zero problems with mine. I have no idea what those ppl are talking about. Maybe they need to root theirs and flash a rom? lol

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have zero problems with mine. I have no idea what those ppl are talking about. Maybe they need to root theirs and flash a rom? lol
I concur. My battery keeps dying after usage. I need to figure out how to prevent that. It's like driving my car, the gas gauge goes down after driving it all week.

metzor

Reaction score
As the title says, what are the Thunderbolt's problems, I keep hearing about "all the thunderbolt's problems" well what are they? Haha thanks to anyone who bothers answering, though this is a legit question!

I get some random reboots, and occasional problems getting a gps lock when trying to use the navigation. Both supposedly being fixed in the next update at the end of the month (so I hear).

No other issues for me, had it since launch.

phil1166

Reaction score
My two issues are the battery which has been awful & when I have the phone in 3G, the internet is really slow, slower than any 3G phone I've ever had. My last two phones were the Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid.

phil1166

Reaction score
Ok, forgot about that! I'm with everyone else. I don't want to be stuck with this phone for 2 years if this issues aren't fixed

bennyj

Reaction score
My thunderbolt would random reboot 2 or 3 times a day . The battery life was awful even just sitting with the screen off and in my pocket . As you can see from my sig I no longer own one.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

tc3

Reaction score
My two issues are the battery which has been awful & when I have the phone in 3G, the internet is really slow, slower than any 3G phone I've ever had. My last two phones were the Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid.

Agree about both things.

Plus a prime example is my phone rebooted while trying to post this the 1st time.

Reboots several times a day.
Battery is terrible and rebooting several times a day absolutely murders the battery life.

Data services are unreliable and I can be stuck in 1x land for hours (and I'm in a really good signal area )

Gps lock takes a long long time not that it matters since when using maps for turn by turn directions the phone can reboot at any time rendering that feature useless.

Speaker is not terrible...but fairly weak for such a touted feature .

All in all the phone was obviously rushed when it had so many problems. It should never have been released like this

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I see. Well random revolts I knew about, they would be fixed with virtually any half decent custom ROM. Battery, well HTC phones have a reputation for bad batteries, how can you only throw 1400mAh on a 4.3inch 4G phone?! Even the Evo has a bigger battery (though still not big enough). But anyway, one could just adjust CPU voltage and frequency... wouldn't help too too much but it would help. As for it getting hot, probably more a hardware issue, though ALL smartphones get hot with heavy use.

All that being said, I'm flashing that ROM... Forget the name haha but its sense 3.0 and includes a CPU governor and I think tethering patch is preinstalled... if not ya know there's EPST.

Anyway thanks for the relies, if something wasn't mentioned, keep em (the posts) coming!

tc3

Reaction score
My thunderbolt would random reboot 2 or 3 times a day . The battery life was awful even just sitting with the screen off and in my pocket . As you can see from my sig I no longer own one.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Me to.

People keep listing things to do to improve battery life.

Basically strip away every feature that makes it a smart phone, turn the brightness down to where you can barely see it. And never use it unless u receive a call or text .

Might as well go back to a flip "dumb" phone then.

U shouldn't have to do all of that just to last a full day

Even on 4G a phone should last a lot longer if its just sitting idle in your pocket.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
The post right before mine was posted as I was typing my last post, so addressing that, GPS lock (mentioned by a few here) can be fixed probably by ya know, a custom ROM, or manually adjusting the GPS update frequency (I know you can do that on a Palm, idk about Android) and perhaps a custom ROM will fix data connection issues as well. But really it sounds like more of an antenna issue, see if you don't know, the back battery cover (not that there's a front one) is the antenna for GPS and LTE/CDMA. Take it off and you'll probably see a significant signal strength reduction... Actually my old HTC Droid Incredible had a prettily lousy antenna...and battery... So maybe an HTC thing? Anywho my thunderbolt is with FedEx now, so I can't really test all these things aand experience them firsthand, but I may post here when I do what I find and if a custom ROM helps, for those of you iffy on voiding your warranty.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I concur. My battery keeps dying after usage. I need to figure out how to prevent that. It's like driving my car, the gas gauge goes down after driving it all week.

LOL! :icon_ laughup:

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Er the post before my first post, not the post before my second post lol, but yeah I think these things were designed to be plugged in constantly, its terrible!