What are the pros of rooting besides.....

chefb

Reaction score
WALLPAPER....I am still researching and have not seen
anything truly to gain with root....I think that I'm missing
something. I mean yes you can over clock....but why it's fast. Yes
you flash new roms with themes...but why can't we do that without
root, I mean why hasn't some one upped the anti and made it(themes) available
For purchase on the market, or just free. Also was easy root available on
Market at one time? Why did android remove it..but leave other managers (for root )
on it? why can't we truly customize without compromising the warranty!! So
Many folks here have root and are happy...why can't we deem it to be safe
somehow?

Darkseider

Reaction score
OK. Ready?

1. Custom ROMs built from the AOSP as well as modified OTA stock replacements
2. Custom Kernels that allow overclocking, compcache, VPN tunneling, EXT3/EXT4 file system support.
3. WAY better performance due to 1 and 2
4. Theming the phone
5. All sorts of crap and non-sense if you know Android/Linux
6. USB Host mode
7. Chicks dig big roots
8. Freedom from the Motorola software approval process (We WILL have Gingerbread)
9. Complete ownership of your hardware
10. WALLPAPERS! (Sorry completely irrelevant and was poking fun at the OP)

wmscottmc

Reaction score
The main reason I have for rooting is so that I can get a good, FULL, backup. If I ever lose my phone, I cant afford to lose my data and documents that are stored on my phone. Without rooting, no backup program will backup the data that I have entered.

liferefugee

Reaction score
*grabs the soapbox*
My brothers and sisters. Why are you content letting a company, who is out to make money, tell you what you can and can not do with your computer. Yes, I said computer. Sure, it is a phone, but it runs programs and functions like a computer. When you buy something you should fully own that device, and no one should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do with it. You pay to use services they provide, you are not renting your device. Why do we let them dictate their terms to us beyond the limits of their service? I say enough! Let us root and take back what we have paid for.

*puts the soapbox away* Rooting is not just a choice, its a statement.

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
*grabs the soapbox*
My brothers and sisters. Why are you content letting a company, who is out to make money, tell you what you can and can not do with your computer. Yes, I said computer. Sure, it is a phone, but it runs programs and functions like a computer. When you buy something you should fully own that device, and no one should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do with it. You pay to use services they provide, you are not renting your device. Why do we let them dictate their terms to us beyond the limits of their service? I say enough! Let us root and take back what we have paid for.

*puts the soapbox away* Rooting is not just a choice, its a statement.

.:soapbox:.