What are the drawbacks, if any, to staying on .247?

khaos337

Reaction score
I was running .246 for a while and it seemed to have a few issues w/ the bluetooth in my car. Also .247 seems much much smoother on my phone than .246 did. What do I gain by going back to .246 other than "being on the ota path"??

zirkdog

Reaction score
You will not receive any future software updates from VZW, up to and including JB.

OP
K

khaos337

Reaction score
But why should I care about updates directly from verizon when they can be pulled off of cheesecake and flashed before they're ever officially released?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any updates that are cheesecaked will be based on .426, just like all ICS leaks were based on .905.

Last edited:
OP
K

khaos337

Reaction score
Ok, but being that I have HOB installed w/ the .246 update still, I can always use that to go back to .246 when necessary, correct? There is no advantage to doing it right away...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right. Just look for any update topics to decide when.

rduckwor

Reaction score
I too fretted as to whether it was worth rolling back. I finally did it yesterday as I had a slow day and time to do so. My bet is VZW/MOTO pushes 247 in the near future IF we really get JB.

RMD

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too fretted as to whether it was worth rolling back. I finally did it yesterday as I had a slow day and time to do so. My bet is VZW/MOTO pushes 247 in the near future IF we really get JB.

RMD
Wrong moto will never push 247 it has been scrapped

zirkdog

Reaction score
But why should I care about updates directly from verizon when they can be pulled off of cheesecake and flashed before they're ever officially released?

With the move to ICS, the Cheesecake method for pulling leaks no longer works. And had been mentioned, all future updates will be designed to install over .246, not .247.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
zirkdog said:
With the move to ICS, the Cheesecake method for pulling leaks no longer works. And had been mentioned, all future updates will be designed to install over .246, not .247.

There is still away to cheese cake even with 246 out but only me,samuri and mattlegroff now how to do it an we will not be telling other people how to do it or be posting links to the update until we determine that the leak is safe an keep noobs from ****ing up there phone

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is still away to cheese cake even with 246 out but only me,samuri and mattlegroff now how to do it an we will not be telling other people how to do it or be posting links to the update until we determine that the leak is safe an keep noobs from ****ing up there phone

That'll certainly help prevent problems in the future.

nomadh

Reaction score

Oh, we feel so safe in your big strong arms Sgt. Oh I'm about to swoon. :)
Thnx

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
nomadh said:
Oh, we feel so safe in your big strong arms Sgt. Oh I'm about to swoon. :)
Thnx

Omg u did not just say that xD

jayrod

Reaction score
Omg u did not just say that xD

Yeah..Sarge...your my hero. You are the wind beneath my, umm..seat

Sent from my IcarusHD Edition Bionic, not to be confused with my CM10 or .246 HoB Edition Bionics.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayrod said:
Yeah..Sarge...your my hero. You are the wind beneath my, umm..seat

Sent from my IcarusHD Edition Bionic, not to be confused with my CM10 or .246 HoB Edition Bionics.

Jayrod no just no xD get back over to the RAZR forum with ur nonsense :p