What app is making my phone slow?

HerroMoto

Reaction score
I'm running the GB Leak Rubix blurry. and everything was PERFECT at first. I downloaded a few apps and reset my phone and it started running slow. This happened on the original leak with my phone as well. My phone runs slow at the start up for a couple minutes then everything is back to normal. Here are a list of a couple of the apps I installed at first:

Dolphin Broser Mini
Adfree Android
TiKL - touch to talk
Facebook
Liveprofile

Those were the first couple apps I downloaded at first that made my phone run slow. I have a feeling it's either TiKL or Adfree Android. Let me know if anyone else has experienced any similar problems this is really bugging me.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Any task killers?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Adfree doesn't work well with GB so that might be an issue.

OP
H

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Adfree doesn't work well with GB so that might be an issue.

Have you experience the same problem before? Because I noticed superuser takes a while to give that one permissions. I really like that app too :/

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How often do you reboot your phone? I find that when my phone slows up a reboot is helpful. I do this every 3 days or so anyway so it's not like I think about it but if you're running your phone for several days without a reboot try it, that may help.

I'm sorry your list doesn't give me any indication of something that might be slowing it up.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was having trouble with TiKL slowing down my phone. Try uninstalling it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

les017

Reaction score
Not familiar with D2 roms, but are you overclocked? If so, maybe step down a notch or two. Also, if you have any apps on SD try moving them all to internal. I had Documents to Go on internal and the license file on SD and that caused all sorts of havok.

Best of luck

OP
H

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Any task killers?
I have Advanced Task Killer, but that was only after my phone started slowing down. I hardly use it anymore. I'm not sure If that is the problem, but I doubt it.
How often do you reboot your phone? I find that when my phone slows up a reboot is helpful. I do this every 3 days or so anyway so it's not like I think about it but if you're running your phone for several days without a reboot try it, that may help.

I'm sorry your list doesn't give me any indication of something that might be slowing it up.

I reboot my phone quite a lot actually. I usually do it maybe once a day. The problem isn't the rebooting, it's what happens to my phone after I reboot. It's really slow at start up and then gradually gets its normal speed back.

OP
H

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Not familiar with D2 roms, but are you overclocked? If so, maybe step down a notch or two. Also, if you have any apps on SD try moving them all to internal. I had Documents to Go on internal and the license file on SD and that caused all sorts of havok.

Best of luck

Forgot to mention I'm not overclocked either. Don't have too many apps on SD this is a pretty clean ROM. Did a wipe before I installed.

OP
H

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Don't think it's the widgets. I've removed a lot, same result. I'm almost positive it's an app.

Reaction score
Is ad-free the same as the scripts that block ads? If the rom you're running has the script (and they do the same thing) you're much better off doing that... also, does it need SU every time it blocks or just when it starts up?

Check to see what's running in the background I suppose... or try uninstalling them one at a time hehehe

You have just been post-pwned.

OP
H

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Found out what it was guys. It was actually TiKL. I really wish it wasn't, I use that app with a few friends. It made the start up so slow it was unbearable.