What 4G phones will Costco offer in coming months?

wolf moderate

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a 4G phone on the Verizon network. The Thunderbolt isn't offered at Costco and I don't really like that it doesn't have an HDMI output anyway. The bionic is what I'm leaning towards, but do not know whether Costco will be offering it.

I'm thinking about buying a Droid X at costco for $49.95 and exchanging it for the Bionic or other 4G phone w/in 90 days. The guy at the Kiosk said that he didn't mind me doing that, but he didn't know what 4G phones will be offered by Costco w/in the next 90 days.

Also, will exchanging the Droid X mean that I can't use my "new account" discount on the Bionic?

Right now I'm using a Net10 phone and really want something soon lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:

y0manda

Reaction score
why costco? Personally I would rather get a phone from a real verizon store.

Sent from my Droid

OP
W

wolf moderate

Reaction score
I buy everything from costco. I like there prices, return policy, and how they treat there employees. Not opposed to elsewhere, but wanted to get a Droid X now and then exchange it for a 4G phone (hopefully Bionic if Costco gets it) w/in 90 days. I run out of minutes on my Net10 phone and kind of want to get into a contract, especially w/ the possibility of data rates going up soon. the salesman at costco said it would be ok to buy the DX now and exchange (with $$$$ obviously) for a 4G when/if they get there w/in the next 90 days.

If I get something from a Verizon store, I will either have to wait a month for the Bionic or buy the Thunderbolt (yuck) now instead. Of course could just buy the $50 Net10 card and be OK for another month if it turns out that you guys think that is the best option. I've never had a fancy or "smart" phone before so kind of been doing alot of research. This site has been excellent :icon_ banana:

thanks.

xier

Reaction score
Yeah - who would want that yucky TB - Lol. Buy a phone knowing you are going to return it - Nice.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Personally I use dellmobility.com, I thank they have the best deals.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
W

wolf moderate

Reaction score
Well, I can't wait any longer. I have 6 minutes left on my Net10 phone and don't want to spend another $50 for 30 more days of service. I called the local Verizon store and they said I could get the Thunderbolt w/ a 1 year contract for $319. I'm going to go get it this evening, even though it doesn't have an HDMI and has horrible battery life. Hoping that they get a software upgrade or something that will get a little more battery life.

Thanks.

xier

Reaction score
Well, I can't wait any longer. I have 6 minutes left on my Net10 phone and don't want to spend another $50 for 30 more days of service. I called the local Verizon store and they said I could get the Thunderbolt w/ a 1 year contract for $319. I'm going to go get it this evening, even though it doesn't have an HDMI and has horrible battery life. Hoping that they get a software upgrade or something that will get a little more battery life.

Thanks.
Sounds like a plan - Enjoy your TB and LTE speeds -- I know I enjoy mine.

OP
W

wolf moderate

Reaction score
Just picked up the TB! It's pretty sweet. Who needs an HDMI anyways :icon_ banana:

This thing is smokin' fast. I used the "hotspot" feature to connect to my laptop and the connection is faster than the WIFI at my house. We don't even have 4G yet here in Boise. I can't believe the speed. This blows the Spring EVO out of the water. And we do have Sprint 4G here. The Sprint 4G that I was using on my EVO wasn't that fast. I signed a 1 year contract so should be eligible for upgrade in 10 months? I think...

Anywho, thanks for all the help!dancedroid

Last edited:

xier

Reaction score
Just picked up the TB! It's pretty sweet. Who needs an HDMI anyways :icon_ banana:

This thing is smokin' fast. I used the "hotspot" feature to connect to my laptop and the connection is faster than the WIFI at my house. We don't even have 4G yet here in Boise. I can't believe the speed. This blows the Spring EVO out of the water. And we do have Sprint 4G here. The Sprint 4G that I was using on my EVO wasn't that fast. I signed a 1 year contract so should be eligible for upgrade in 10 months? I think...

Anywho, thanks for all the help!dancedroid

Congrats. Using my TB tethered to my xoom .... goodness of lte.