Went back to stock rom stuck in bootloop? Bricked?

moreyos

Reaction score
I had Romer and Liberty on my phone but I recently nandroided back to my stock rom. Liberty was fast and all but I kept having dropped calls with my cheek hitting the button or something. Regardless of my reason to switch back to stock, I did it anyway.

The problem I am having now is weird though, and it has nothing to do with me flashing something and my phone being bricked during that process. I went back to stock two days ago and all was well, I was even getting ridiculous battery life that I hadn't had before (I turned off data and that seemed to help a lot). But last night I was on the phone for about an hour with my gf and then when I went to see what time it was my phone was completely dark. Screen wouldn't turn on, soft keys wouldn't light up, opened keyboard did nothing... before I pulled out the battery I called it from my home phone to see if it would do anything. Nothing happened. So I pulled out the battery and it restarted fine and was working like normal.

Now I am here at my desk at work and I haven't really been using it that much today but still enough to know it's working properly. I got a text message and I went to slide the bar to open the phone. And it locked and I couldn't slide it, then the screen went black and soft keys were off like last night. Pulled the battery and now my phone is just stuck in bootloop (not really sure what bootloop is but I'm guessing its when your phone just keeps displaying the boot animation). I tried to go into recovery mode holding x, and the android with the exclamation point popped up but none of the keys on the side would do anything, power button included.

So I don't know what to do and I've been trying for about 20 minutes now. I don't think it is bricked but maybe one of you guys know what the problem is?

clouse2013

Reaction score
Don't know exactly what the problem is. It shouldn't be due to restoring stock. I would try an sbf and see if that helps but that's all I can think of.

Sent from my Angelic Droid 2 Global

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, sbf then boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset. Should fix it. If not then its a hardware issue.

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Nooooo I dont wanna have to SBF.. I mean I will but that sucks I have to do it.

What did I lose? Just the text messages and recent calls and notes, apps and personalization like how my homescreen was set up?

Follow this link?

Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

Edit: This RSDLite thing...maybe I'll understand more when I get to it (I don't have my USB with me, and ironically I made the conscience decision before work to bring my charger over my USB). But how do I launch it if it's never installed on my phone before? Or is that a PC application...that'd make more sense.

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
Sbf will bring you to 'out of the box' fresh, so yah, ull lose ur calls and txts, but, there are backup apps n the market for calls and txts, and ur apps should b synced to ur google accnt....sbf'ing isn't a big deal...its more of a nuisance than anything. But yah, I believe that's the link....ull need rsdlite4.9 the correct moto drivers and tbhs official d2g sbf....be sure to read up on the exact process....and use a computer w usb 2.0 ports...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why they are telling you to sbf. You can stay rooted and come out of the bootloop if you go into clockwork and do a wipe. You'll still lose your stuff but that should stop the bootloop. If it doesn't then sbf.

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
I don't know why they are telling you to sbf. You can stay rooted and come out of the bootloop if you go into clockwork and do a wipe. You'll still lose your stuff but that should stop the bootloop. If it doesn't then sbf.

Tried to go into clockwork, I can continue to try but each time I did it just froze before actually getting into clockwork. Just stayed on the Android with the exclamation point.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Did u hit the search button when u went to stock recovery and the android w tthe! Was on the screen...the magnifying glass on ur qwerty....and, hook, I told him to sbf, because I was unsure of the method he used to ditch liberty....when I restored a nandroid of stock, I kept coming up w issues like his, and I ended up saying 'hell w it' and sbf'ing... ..but, I have little patience for my phone being screwy, especially when I need it the most..sorry for skipping steps

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Didn't hit the search button until now but that did something.. gave me the option to reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition..

Should I wipe data? Wipe cache too? Maybe that'll work.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Didn't hit the search button until now but that did something.. gave me the option to reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition..

Should I wipe data? Wipe cache too? Maybe that'll work.
Wipe data and cache from that screen and then try to reboot. Should work.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The reason i said to was I assumed if they knew how to get to the ! screen then they would know to press search..... apparently not

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Nope, didn't work...still boot looping. I'll SBF when I get home from work. Thanks for all the help and reminding me about the search button.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have had this same issue. The only thing I could figure it to be was the boot animations. When you flash liberty it changes both animations. The first time I flashed had the same thing happen. Then I flashed it again used root tools to set stock animations and it never happened again. Don't know if it was truely relavent but like I said it never happened after that. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Phone isn't doing ANYTHING now. I went and updated the drivers on the Motorola application on my computer, it was connected to the RSD Lite fine. But I went through the process and then all the sudden it left the bootloader screen. And it is not responding to anything. Idk what to do now ?

Edit: Hold on... plugged in to wall charger and it turned on...stressfull as hell..

I have a question mark in the battery screen, it should have been fairly charged before I attempted to SBF...plus it was plugged in to my USB. I'll leave it charging but I'll check with my brothers D2G when he gets home from work in a bit. Any ideas whats happening to my phone or if I'm screwed??

Last edited:

clouse2013

Reaction score
Phone isn't doing ANYTHING now. I went and updated the drivers on the Motorola application on my computer, it was connected to the RSD Lite fine. But I went through the process and then all the sudden it left the bootloader screen. And it is not responding to anything. Idk what to do now ?

Edit: Hold on... plugged in to wall charger and it turned on...stressfull as hell..

I have a question mark in the battery screen, it should have been fairly charged before I attempted to SBF...plus it was plugged in to my USB. I'll leave it charging but I'll check with my brothers D2G when he gets home from work in a bit. Any ideas whats happening to my phone or if I'm screwed??
\
Plug it into the wall, not the usb if you think it stopped because the battery was too low. The wall charger gives it more juice. You really should SBF with almost a full battery just in case. Good luck.