Well, I'm a n00b too, so I'll say hello

wdprice3

Reaction score
Well hey there! I'm Bill... currently a research assistant at NC State University in Environmental Engineering. As of 07/27/10 my life in the Android World began with a Droid X, though I haven't really gotten into playing with it until this past weekend. So a little about me and the phone... I was on the BlackBerry Curve for years; that was a great phone, but a thing of the past and RIM just couldn't cut it as far as touch-screen devices. In addition a 60 year old coworker got a Droid 1 a few months back... and I shan't be outdone by the elderly.

My primary uses:

Texting
Phone calls
Browsing
Music
Nav
Toilet Reading :shocked:
With that being said... THIS PLACE IS FREAKIN' HUGE. So if anyone wants to point in me in the right directions, feel free to do so. I'm always looking for useful apps/themes/etc. and it's hard to find them with so much information (and so many options) on this site, and around the web.

So far I've done the following/added these apps (other than the common stuff like facebook, etc):

Rooted (stock 2.1)
928 theme
Launcher Pro
Home Switcher
BusyBox
DoubleTwist
ShootMe
Dolphin HD
Wireless Tether
PdaNet
CustomCarHome
DroidXBootstrapper
MeCanto
Titanium Backup

Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

glad to see you found some useful apps :) might i add you dont need pdanet if you have wireless tether (Pdanet free is restricted) theres also wired tether if you dont have a wireless adapter

any questions feel free to ask

OP
wdprice3

wdprice3

Reaction score
:welcome:

glad to see you found some useful apps :) might i add you dont need pdanet if you have wireless tether (Pdanet free is restricted) theres also wired tether if you dont have a wireless adapter

any questions feel free to ask

Thanks! Yeh, I installed PdaNet for wired tethering, in case I ever need that (I do have a wireless card, but one of my laptops' card is starting to flake out, thus the potential need for wired tethering).

but you're saying there's a separate wired tethering app similar to the wireless tethering app? I'll check it out (app name/recommendation?)!

OP
wdprice3

wdprice3

Reaction score
thanks, I did search for it in the market place, but didn't see it, hence I asked.