Well and Truly Bricked

C

cdokk13

Before I say anything, let me say that I am an idiot, who happens to own the droid X running android 2.2.1: I messed around with it, and messed up about 7 times. I rooted it using Z4Share, fairly straightforward, went perfectly. I wanted to install a custom rom, and chose Tranquility 3.6. This went fine, except that I didn't like it and for some reason (which I still don't understand) it kept shutting off the phone every 3 minutes or so, at random. I decided I wanted to go back to stock and start over again. I flashed it with the droid x 2.1 sbf (using RSD lite 4.8). As I now know, flashing a 2.2 with a 2.1 is a guaranteed brick. what's worse is that I left while my phone was doing this, for several hours. The phone was on my computer and I thought it was charging, I now know phones don't charge while in bootloader. I was left with the following error:
--
BOOTLOADER
ERR: A5, 70, 70, 00,1F

BATTERY LOW
CANNOT PROGRAM
--
I'm downloading the sbf 2.2, and I've plugged my phone into a wallcharger (It's still in bootloader though, so I don't know if it will charge).

my plan:
pray that it charges
if it charges, flash it with the correct sbf till it works or catches fire

So my questions are:

1) Is my phone charging
2) How long will it take before it will charge enough to allow me to "program"/"connect USB" ?
3) Is there any way to unbrick my phone, or am I in for a trip to verizon?

or any other comments, advice, beratings, etc...

Thanks!

OP
C

cdokk13

**UPDATE**
verizon replaced my battery, now the error looks like this:

Bootloader
Err: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I've tried flashing it with the droid x 2.2, but it doesn't change. I'll keep trying

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
keep the phone off until its ready to be flashed bc you need a good battery and leaving it on in the bootloader is just wasting battery

OP
C

cdokk13

OK I'll try this and tell you guys how it goes. Thanks!

OP
C

cdokk13

Oh and for anyone out there trying to get Tranquility off of their phone completely (I know its a great rom, I guess I messed up the installation, and i've read that other people have the same problems): turn phone off, hold home button while turning phone on, scroll down to factory reset, voila.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and for anyone out there trying to get Tranquility off of their phone completely (I know its a great rom, I guess I messed up the installation, and i've read that other people have the same problems): turn phone off, hold home button while turning phone on, scroll down to factory reset, voila.

thats not gonna take it off completely... just so you know