Weird text from verizon 900080004000

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Seems last night my gmail was compromised, phone asked me to login this morning, and said password was incorrect, it was not. Went on the pc and verified, still no go. Did password change via recovery from alternate email.

30 minutes later i get a text from 900080004000 which is the number i get texts from verizon. It was:

//VZWDM;2010/12/27 21:21:44 GMT;183.45;;;MB;F;;0;;MB

I called verizon, the rep had no clue, sent me to tech support. Their best "guess" was that the phone tried to sync gmail and spit out an error text.

I normally would brush it off, but with the gmail compromise, i dont want to go by someones guess. I have paypal, google checkout, bank info tied to this account. Any ideas? Does this sound correct?

Other info: Gmail showed suspicious activity on the 20th from Sunnyvale, California, I live in Missouri. Nothing out of the ordinary from the 20th until this morning.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
//VZWDM;2010/12/27 22:14:36 GMT;1568.606;;;MB;F;;0;;MB

This is mine. Looks like maybe how much data has been used....something like that.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

Detonation

Reaction score
I got one of those too. Not sure why its formatted like though, you can get those texts by dialing #BAL, #DATA, etc.

VZWDM (Verizon Data Manager), the as of date, MB usage, but not sure what's after that (overage?)

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I just verified and yes that is my current data usage according to the website. Nice to know, weird they just randomly sent that to me. Weird that a CS rep and Tech support couldnt tell me what you just did lol. Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Weird that a CS rep and Tech support couldnt tell me what you just did lol. Thanks!

If it's not in the script in front of them...they are mostly clueless.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I got one of those too. Not sure why its formatted like though, you can get those texts by dialing #BAL, #DATA, etc.

VZWDM (Verizon Data Manager), the as of date, MB usage, but not sure what's after that (overage?)

Maybe hotspot usage is the last one.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Now i got another message from them, from number 900070001412

Free VZW msg. you have been slected to attend our online Android Smartphone workshop for FREE on Dec 28th &/ or 29th @ 11am. Learn tips & tricks on using your Droid, popular apps, saving battery life & more directly from one of our expert trainers. Visit www.verizonwireless.com/wirelessworkshops to register for the online workshop today. To stop msgs reply with X.

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

Maybe hotspot usage is the last one.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

That sounds like a possibility!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aw, quit picking on the reps. I really never get as good of customer service from any other place as I get from Verizon.

Just my 2 cents, a bit off topic.;)

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Just pokin' fun :) I have not had better service from any other provider in the last 15 years. I am with Verizon for the long run.