Weird problem with video, sound, and microphone.

JakeLW

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Hello!

I have a weird problem with my Note 4. So out of nowhere the sound on my phone stopped working. So I checked my headphones and they don't work either. Sound from phone calls doesn't work, and my mic doesn't work. I then checked if I connected to a bluetooth speaker, and that doesn't even work.. Weird.

I also can't play any videos from anywhere. I can't view youtube videos (get the error, "There was a problem while playing, Touch to retry") I can't even view snapchat videos, just shows a black screen.

I've already factory reset the phone, tried plugging in headphones and removing. I started phone in recovery mode and cleared cache. Cleared cache from various apps. So I don't know what else to do.

I also purchased my phone through eBay a little under a year ago, so I'm not sure if I would have any warranty if this was a hardware issue.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Thanks,
Jake

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @JakeLW. based on your post, sounds like a hardware issue to me.
I would check with the ebay seller for any warranty, but I wouldn't count on it. Let us know how you make out with this issue...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have to agree with Jeffrey. Either it's a hardware issue, or a serious software issue where the video codec is completely missing or something. Since root is darn near impossible on that phone, I would assume that that kind of software issue is pretty much not possible as well though, so I'd lean towards hardware for sure.