Weird Droid x

steveomac

Reaction score
So heres the story.

I had the Apex Rom, loved it, heard tranquil released a new one everyone was talking about it so I desided to give it a shot.

did everything it said to do.

it loaded and it was all sorts of messed up, nothing was running right, it would randomly reboot but not a full reboot, it would go to the droid eye (or tranquil boot screen) then load back.

so I said screw this and went to flash back with the SBF.

flashed back and it still was all messed up, it was somewhat stock, but still had all my apps, wallpapers, even the tranquil toolbox, it didnt work but it was still there.

so I'm like wtf? I flashed again... still same thing.

so I said screw it and just did a factory reset, and it kinda worked but still was rebooting at random times but I said screw it I'll deal with it and flash it later on during the week.

so after a week of my phone running really bad and weird, it rebooted like it normaly did and when it loaded it went to the activation screen like I just got my phone brand new. Then I got a million Force Close windows, 1 after another. I couldnt get past the activation screen cause it would reboot. It was ALLLL sorts of messed up.

I got home and flashed it, and that did nothing, its like it didnt even flash.

I went in to recovery and did a wipe data and all that jazz and it started up perfect, activated no problem, no reboots no nothing, runs perfect.

now.......... can anyone please tell me what happened?

and why didnt it go back to stock when I flashed it?

c_m_chance

Reaction score
I've been having a similar problem with my phone doing the semi-reboot deal. I'm just running a stock ROM but rooted. Every now and then it will do a semi reboot and go to the droid eye and all. What I've noticed is that it will do it when I'm turing the phone from screen off to screen on and flipping it into landscape mode from portrait really fast or something like that. Seems to me like it could be a clocking issue there, but not real sure. It's kind of annoying though. No doubt.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So heres the story.

I had the Apex Rom, loved it, heard tranquil released a new one everyone was talking about it so I desided to give it a shot.

did everything it said to do.

it loaded and it was all sorts of messed up, nothing was running right, it would randomly reboot but not a full reboot, it would go to the droid eye (or tranquil boot screen) then load back.

so I said screw this and went to flash back with the SBF.

flashed back and it still was all messed up, it was somewhat stock, but still had all my apps, wallpapers, even the tranquil toolbox, it didnt work but it was still there.

so I'm like wtf? I flashed again... still same thing.

so I said screw it and just did a factory reset, and it kinda worked but still was rebooting at random times but I said screw it I'll deal with it and flash it later on during the week.

so after a week of my phone running really bad and weird, it rebooted like it normaly did and when it loaded it went to the activation screen like I just got my phone brand new. Then I got a million Force Close windows, 1 after another. I couldnt get past the activation screen cause it would reboot. It was ALLLL sorts of messed up.

I got home and flashed it, and that did nothing, its like it didnt even flash.

I went in to recovery and did a wipe data and all that jazz and it started up perfect, activated no problem, no reboots no nothing, runs perfect.

now.......... can anyone please tell me what happened?

and why didnt it go back to stock when I flashed it?

The sbf doesn't touch some system files, like the tranq boot ani, that's why it's recommended to do the 340 sys only sbf after 320. I assume u know this? Also it's why maderschramm created the all in one zip. Does a complete top to bottom "flash", bootloader, sys files, radio, everything. I can only guess something didn't mix with the sbf and the sys files flashed by your rom changing. I could be wrong but since u didn't brick, it's safe to say u had the correct sbf. Did u sbf to 320 full or just do a 340 sbf sys only? Im trying to recreate in words what your exact process was. Also have u successfully sbf'd prior to this attempt?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App