Weird Bluetooth Issue

awriternot

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems connecting there bluetooth to there Maxx? I can get it too pair but it won't let me use the toggle or even to switch bluetooth on. The only way I can get it to connect if to go into settings turn on bluetooth, then going to where it says paired but not connected, click on connect from there.

I've got the plantronics XX . I've been all over their website and can't find a fix. I've even tried to unpair and re-pair it several times but can't get it to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Motorola bt headphones connect.
I have connected to other phones to transfer files.

Make sure phones bt is on first then turn the other device on it sometimes helps.

The toggle, is that the stock widget for the phone? If so maybe have to factory reset the phone. If its 3rd party it may just not be compatible.

----posted maxx'ed out----

drdarell

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems connecting there bluetooth to there Maxx? I can get it too pair but it won't let me use the toggle or even to switch bluetooth on. The only way I can get it to connect if to go into settings turn on bluetooth, then going to where it says paired but not connected, click on connect from there.

I've got the plantronics XX . I've been all over their website and can't find a fix. I've even tried to unpair and re-pair it several times but can't get it to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I've got a similar problem with an old moto H555. It paired up fine but won't connect. Unpaired and now nothing.

wmjbrown

Reaction score
Same problem

I've got a 2012 Prius. It pairs with the Razr Maxx and works fine for that trip. Then when I get back in it see the phone but won't connect. I have to unpair and re-pair.
My old Palm Pre worked fine so I'm thinking its the phone.

parkschr

Reaction score
I am able to connect my plantronics 520 and it stays paired. I can answer calls by pushing the button on the earpiece. But I can not call out using the earpiece. I have to wake the phone, unlock the phone, and then push the face of the person I am trying to call. Then the earpiece works.

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have three BT head pieces, and a moto music headphone. Two Platronics, one jawbone, and the moto and they all connect every time.

The only repeat problem I have is, sometimes the volume will be at zero when I connect. Not often but it is a bit annoying.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Jedwin

Reaction score
2012 Prius

I'm having the same problem with my Driod 4. Verizon replaced the phone and the new one does the same thing. Have you found a solution yet?

snapwood

Reaction score
For a Motorola Droid Razr

My Razr lost the ability to turn on Bluetooth. Searching a long time, the Bluetooth menu said my headset was connected but the headset was not communicating. Searching this forum for a fix, some suggestions included taking out the battery but that is not possible with the Razr. Other suggestions included restarting the phone several times . . .. nothing. Pondered a factory reset but decided to try all the simple fixes first before going nuclear. So I went to settings and turned off WiFi and Bluetooth. I turned Bluetooth back on and it worked! Then I WiFi back on and everything was good. BOOM! BAM! BEEM! .... In that order.

BTW: My headset is the Motorola Sliver. Best one I've ever used. Motorola wants $129 for it but I got one for $40 (bulk package) at Bluetooths, iPhone Cases items in All4Cellular store on eBay!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
My Razr lost the ability to turn on Bluetooth. Searching a long time, the Bluetooth menu said my headset was connected but the headset was not communicating. Searching this forum for a fix, some suggestions included taking out the battery but that is not possible with the Razr. Other suggestions included restarting the phone several times . . .. nothing. Pondered a factory reset but decided to try all the simple fixes first before going nuclear. So I went to settings and turned off WiFi and Bluetooth. I turned Bluetooth back on and it worked! Then I WiFi back on and everything was good. BOOM! BAM! BEEM! .... In that order.

BTW: My headset is the Motorola Sliver. Best one I've ever used. Motorola wants $129 for it but I got one for $40 (bulk package) at Bluetooths, iPhone Cases items in All4Cellular store on eBay!

Can't do a battery pull but that can be faked by holding power and volume down, same concept, different method.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

Holymsophy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I need some help with my good ol' Droid 4.

I usually use a a stereo bluetooth, but of late, I have been using a mono bluetooth. I noticed that when I am on a call, after a few minutes in, sound simultaneously comes out from both the earpiece and the phone's speaker, but the person I am talking to can't hear me unless I talk directly into the phone's speakers, or I disconnect/connect the bluetooth again.

To be honest, this is getting annoying, since the purpose of the bluetooth is to be hands free and sometimes, I am not even aware when the bluetooth and phone go into this weird dynamic and I have to reset and repeat the conversation (when the person on the other end starts asking if I am still there).

So I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a fix. I checked the forums, people seem to be having other bluetooth issues, but nothing similar to this.

System version: 98.72.18.XT894.verizon.en.us
Android version: 4.1.2
kernel version: 3.0.8-g473e586
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid84 #1
SMP Preempt

Please I'd appreciate the help. Though I just noticed there is an official Cyanogenmod rom out there and might download it just to see if it changes anything.

Thanks in advance.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Have you tried using the phone with any other blutooth devices? Perhaps it is not the phone but the device you are using it with.

Holymsophy

Reaction score
Yes. It tried ... With 3 mono bluetooh headsets. And it does the same with all. I am currently using the jabra extreme 2 ... so at this point I am convinced it is the phone.