Web browsers

Challis

Reaction score
Ok question...how do you by pass all mobile sites and go directly to normal desk top site...I'm sick of either having to find the link that switches it or not even have the choice..
Thanks Jason.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Edited: Removed external link

Last edited:

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Download Dolphin HD, free from the market. Set user agent to Desktop. You can even download a plugin for Dolphin to allow you to switch between Desktop and Android user agents more easily.

This is also possible with the stock browser, but it resets every time the browser restarts so it's a pain. Also, Dolphin has tabs.

OP
Challis

Challis

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch...lots better

Sent from my DROIDX

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You're welcome. Dolphin HD is a little quirky. The oddest thing is how to move bookmarks around. Slide open the bookmark list and then go to Quick Access and then click Bookmarks.

Not that you asked, but Dolphin HD settings that I prefer:
User Agent: Desktop
Exit settings: Uncheck all (not needed and it exits faster this way)
Enable swipe action: Checked (quick access to bookmarks and toolbar)
Enable long press menu: Unchecked (long-press menu doesn't do much and gets in the way)
Open in background: Checked (so you can long press links and have them open/load in the background in a new tab while you keep browsing the same page)
Open pages in overview: Unchecked (so you don't have to zoom all the time)
Enable plug-ins: On demand (block Flash content until you choose to use it)
Cache to SD Card: Unchecked (probably faster this way)
Load image in webzine: Manual (I don't use webzine and don't want a webzine folder on my SD card)

I only use one Dolphin plugin: Desktop Toggles. This puts an icon in the toolbar (swipe the screen and you'll see it on the right) so that you can quickly switch user agents.

I also set my home page to a file on my SD card like this: file:///sdcard/home.html
If you know some HTML you can make a nice, useful home page that loads super fast.

Last edited: