weather chanel widget notification question

segen77

Reaction score
I have the large (2x2) weather channel widget and I'm about tired of the notifications that pop up every few mins. it notifies for the dumbest things. In any case, does anyone know how to turn off the notifications, or is there a better 2x2 widget that is just is functional. I like being able to click on it once, and get to 10day, hourly, etc. I also like that the widget updates based on your location.

Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the large (2x2) weather channel widget and I'm about tired of the notifications that pop up every few mins. it notifies for the dumbest things. In any case, does anyone know how to turn off the notifications, or is there a better 2x2 widget that is just is functional. I like being able to click on it once, and get to 10day, hourly, etc. I also like that the widget updates based on your location.

Thanks

Agree! Try the AccuWeather widget and or Beautiful Widget(paid app). If your rooted the BB has a good weather and news widget.

Mike.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The news and weather widget is worth trying too. It gives you a little spread at the bottom of the weather for the week. The Beautiful Widgets weather piece gives you a 3 day forecast. And you also can take the Weather Channel and use it as an icon shortcut rather than a widget. That's what I've used in the past. I just tried using it as a widget starting yesterday and being in the northeast got storm warnings so that's kinda cool but I guess I could change my mind on that eventually.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
The news and weather widget is worth trying too. It gives you a little spread at the bottom of the weather for the week. The Beautiful Widgets weather piece gives you a 3 day forecast. And you also can take the Weather Channel and use it as an icon shortcut rather than a widget. That's what I've used in the past. I just tried using it as a widget starting yesterday and being in the northeast got storm warnings so that's kinda cool but I guess I could change my mind on that eventually.

yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if i only got them once in a while, but i get warnings at least 3-4 times a day.

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks
when you add the widget, uncheck "Display Severe Weather Alerts"

Last edited:
OP
S

segen77

Reaction score

Thanks
when you add the widget, uncheck "Display Sever Weather Alerts"

Oh good grief I feel dumb. I never even thought about trying to readd it.

Thanks for the tip!