Happening to every one, right?
5f0c51f1a6fa6d98ef7b89d7370c8438.jpg

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw that for about a day after first setting up my new (new to me) watch a few weeks ago. Every fee minutes that would pop up on my phone. It eventually stopped, for me at least

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you on Pie yet?

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, not yet. But I setup a new watch two weeks ago and that Notification popped up constantly for about 24 hours and then just stopped. Did you get the new update with Tiles? Maybe that triggered something? I did just setup a new Z3 for my wife, with Pie and after setting up her watch those Notifications did not appear, not once. But....this is just a theory, her phone did not have Android Wear converted to Wear OS. Never had any of that. So it was Wear OS right from the Play Store. I noticed on my phone that I cannot Uninstall Wear OS. No uninstall option anywhere. Seems like if we had Android Wear and it upgraded to Wear OS on our phones it kind of made a mess of things vs a brand new phone that never had either app before

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Did not get tiles yet. One of the Pie improvements is more notifications when apps do things in the background.
I still have the app listed.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The app is listed on my phone too. But did you have Android Wear on the phone first > then converted to Wear OS?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And yes...Google definitely "fixed" app background Notifications with Oreo (and might have made it worse with Pie). I get that running in the background Notification every time I open Play Music and start playing songs, every tine I watch a You Tube video, every time I let apps update through the Play Store, etc., etc. Good job Google.....you alerted me that Play Music is running in the background when I start playing music. Brilliant! Last I heard they fixed those in Pie so things we manually started would not popup a running in background Notification

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And......it just started again on my phone for no apparent reason. Maybe because I installed a new Wear OS app update on my phone and watch the other day? Why Google, why?
e3e3a9f0a11b67d48e12e03385147d66.jpg

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I might a little late to the party, but I just noticed my watch had tiles now. I have no idea when it happened, they I've got 'em. Does everyone have them now?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
And......it just started again on my phone for no apparent reason. Maybe because I installed a new Wear OS app update on my phone and watch the other day? Why Google, why?
e3e3a9f0a11b67d48e12e03385147d66.jpg

Mine did that the other day. I was home and my car was tucked in for the night. I went out to make sure it wasn't on for some reason. Weird

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nope, no Tiles yet for me even though I have the Wear OS app update that says it's included

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's android pie related issue. Didn't have problem on Oreo soon as got new phone with pie and paired watch got the message. I just long pressed went to info and turned off the notification for it. No more message!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Retired the Moto 360 V2. Battery life is fading. Dusted off the off Fossil Q Marshall. Instantly got an update that added tiles.
Gott'a love Fossil supporting these...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have Tiles on my 360 Gen2.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk