Way to block a text sender?

ukycats

Reaction score
Is there a way to block texts from someone (something) not in your contacts?

I keep receiving "spam" texts, but not from a traditional phone number (ex., 32347).

Thank you!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I use app called call control. Blocks calls, texts, etc. I have it set to block all 855 area numbers and unaproved #text messages. I liked to old interface better but it still works as advertized.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Verizon used to let you block calls and apps from certain numbers. Also, many third-party texting apps will allow you to block texts from specific numbers as well as zinethar's recommendation.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon used to let you block calls and apps from certain numbers. Also, many third-party texting apps will allow you to block texts from specific numbers as well as zinethar's recommendation.
Textra and Handcent both have blacklist capability. A text you don't want comes in, long press it on conversation screen, choose blacklist. Done.
What's really cool is, might be my phone did it but, the ones I added on Handcent carried over to Textra when I switched text apps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

JDH

Reaction score
I use the verizon way, go to my verizon, block calls and messages, list up to 5 for free, if you want more you can buy more. Good for 90 days. Works for me.