water damaged but turns on now!

dtalitho

Reaction score
I got the D2 and the DAY I got it there was water damage, sad story, you do not want details! Replaced it with D2G and am happy BUT, here it is one month later and for kicks I turned it on and I have power. It says this

"Boot loader D2.37" at top left
"OK to Program, connect USB Data cable" bottom left

Can I re-program this phone or do I sell it for parts? It was not even 24 hours old so zero damage except bright red stickers from the water.
thanks

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Could try flashing an sbf with rsd lite. Could then sell it.
I had a D1 that got submerged, it finally came back, but the microphone never worked quite tonight again, made crackling noises.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dtalitho

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm sorry, but can you explain that in non-tech speak? I am new to the entire droid experience!

Is there a link to an SBF and what is a rsd lite, sorry!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Go here Droid 2 and click on "SBF" it is written in green.

Go here for rsd lite 4.8 TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8

Here are some instructions on how to flash the sbf Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers

Good luck, read it all before hand and get a feel for what you are doing before you do it. Make sure you follow each step carefully. It mentions using RSD lite 4.7 plus patch, the link for the 4.8 i gave does not need a patch so just use it.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I got the D2 and the DAY I got it there was water damage, ... Replaced it with D2G .....
Can I re-program this phone or do I sell it for parts?.....
If you can get the D2 working again, I'd suggest holding on to it as a spare; perhaps then you could drop any insurance you might have on your D2G. You won't get much selling it for parts, or trying to sell it as a working model with water damage.