Was anybody able to get their Droid 1 replaced with a Droid 2 yet?

billay12

Reaction score
Not wanting to brag or anything, but I've been having problems with my Droid 1 for awhile now.....11th replacement since February of '10. I started having problems with the Droid replacement I just received last Friday (8/6/10), about 4 days ago...the screen would flicker on and off intermittently, and sometimes it wouldn't come back on unless I tapped the back of the screen's casing. So, I called the phone number on verizonwireless.com, and I spoke to the nicest woman that I have ever encountered over the phone, and she told me she needed to transfer me to Tech Support to see what they could do about replacing the phone with a different model because I was having so many problems with the original Droid. So, speaking with the tech agent, also a VERY nice woman, she put me on hold for 2 minutes while she was talking with her supervisor, and she told me she would send me out a brand new HTC Incredible, which I then told her that I was wanting to get a Droid X, and that I would even pay the 2yr price even if it did extend my contract. She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor again, and she then returned to tell me that she moved my upgrade date to TODAY!! Meanwhile it wasn't for another year. I was absolutely astonished, couldn't believe my eyes, that when I went on My Verizon said I was ELIGIBLE! I have been with Verizon for 15 years, and I will stay a loyal customer, just because of the support and service I get from them.

Just wanted to share, maybe if some people are in my situation, you may get someone as nice as the tech. agent I spoke with.

Good luck, and happy droiding! :)

EDIT: Typo.

Skittles

Reaction score
Not wanting to brag or anything, but I've been having problems with my Droid 1 for awhile now.....11th replacement since February of '10. I started having problems with the Droid replacement I just received last Friday (8/6/10), about 4 days ago...the screen would flicker on and off intermittently, and sometimes it wouldn't come back on unless I tapped the back of the screen's casing. So, I called the phone number on verizonwireless.com, and I spoke to the nicest woman that I have ever encountered over the phone, and she told me she needed to transfer me to Tech Support to see what they could do about replacing the phone with a different model because I was having so many problems with the original Droid. So, speaking with the tech agent, also a VERY nice woman, she put me on hold for 2 minutes while she was talking with her supervisor, and she told me she would send me out a brand new HTC Incredible, which I then told her that I was wanting to get a Droid X, and that I would even pay the 2yr price even if it did extend my contract. She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor again, and she then returned to tell me that she moved my upgrade date to TODAY!! Meanwhile it wasn't for another year. I was absolutely astonished, couldn't believe my eyes, that when I went on My Verizon said I was ELIGIBLE! I have been with Verizon for 15 years, and I will stay a loyal customer, just because of the support and service I get from them.

Just wanted to share, maybe if some people are in my situation, you may get someone as nice as the tech. agent I spoke with.

Good luck, and happy droiding! :)

EDIT: Typo.
thanks for the info but i'm still wondering from someone who has gone through asurion

Bateluer

Reaction score
Been debating whether or not to cancel my Asurion insurance. Since any phone they'd offer as a replacement, Droid X and Droid 2 included, would be a down grade from the Droid 1, I don't see much point in continuing to pay them a monthly fee. Also, since I'm 99% certain I'll be buying my next phone off contract, I don't see the point in their service any more.

scoder

Reaction score
Been debating whether or not to cancel my Asurion insurance. Since any phone they'd offer as a replacement, Droid X and Droid 2 included, would be a down grade from the Droid 1, I don't see much point in continuing to pay them a monthly fee. Also, since I'm 99% certain I'll be buying my next phone off contract, I don't see the point in their service any more.

Don't forget that your insurance payment also pays for an additional year of your manufacturer's warranty. That's why I'm keeping it. Verizon will still replace it as long as there's no physical damage or liquid damage.

markwebb

Reaction score
I just went through the online process with Asurion to see what options were revealed.

A Moto Droid 1 is being shown as my replacement! There were no other choices.

xmguy

Reaction score
My Droid is worth 4 Droid X's or 2 Droid 2's.

Thanks but no thanks. :)

I agree. I UNLOCKED bootloader. Nandroid backups/restores.
(Although I don't use them) Custom Roms.

If I had to file a claim. I'd better get a Droid 1 or 2. I like the X. But the other phones are so crappy I'd fight VZW or Asurion to get a FRU Droid 1. Before taking a lesser model.