Wanted: Gaming pad for Droid

Danthok

Reaction score
I want this for my Droid:motdroidvert:

091119-mirasol-02.jpg

I have two different emulators for my Droid but they are near impossible to play without a gamepad. Hopefully it is in the works somewhere, the microusb port is in a perfect spot to take advantage of this design.

OP
Danthok

Danthok

Reaction score
Yeah I know, I don't care about the analog sticks either just put a d-pad and 4 buttons and I am happy.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
+1 I want! I know there's a site / company which makes USB adapters to plug in full-sized Nintendo controllers--I wonder if there's a Micro USB one... Have to go hunting for the company later.

- Mega

SourPatch

Reaction score
I wonder about the possibility of using a PS3 controller via bluetooth. Someone would have to write a program /drivers to make it work and it would be a little clunky to carry around.

mekishiko

Reaction score
+1 I want! I know there's a site / company which makes USB adapters to plug in full-sized Nintendo controllers--I wonder if there's a Micro USB one... Have to go hunting for the company later.

- Mega

Can you please post a link?

OP
Danthok

Danthok

Reaction score
Yeah I know, I don't care about the analog sticks either just put a d-pad and 4 buttons and I am happy.

seriously??? the droid comes with a dpad and a lot more than four buttons

Yes, but the Dpad is in the wrong spot and the keys on the keyboard are not defined as well as the G1 or anything close to that.

My thoughts exactly, everything is in an awkward location. Try playing Super Mario World and get back to me.

NVash

Reaction score
Honestly, Id like a game pad as well but thats looking awkward too. Buttons on either side of the D pad? How in the World would that work?

volando

Reaction score
it would be great if we could get a real controller for the droid, especially one that's pluginable... so far i just flip the phone over (so the d-pad is on the left) when playing genesis roms, however the d-pad on the droid itself is horrendous and basically unusable for games, you always hit the 'back' button accidentally and the regular buttons basically suck too and there's too many of them so you often mi**** when in games that require multiple presses quickly (earthworm jim... actually that badly needs and 8-d pad)