want to update from 1.5 to 2.1

gsxr310

Reaction score
so i saw the manual update link from the thread in the next page, but it seems that the link is no good. any other ways to getting 2.1? i also have a problem w/ the market app. it says something like.. "network error.." in other words, it won't open. any ideas? thanks!

EDIT: disregard my sig. =)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so i saw the manual update link from the thread in the next page, but it seems that the link is no good. any other ways to getting 2.1? i also have a problem w/ the market app. it says something like.. "network error.." in other words, it won't open. any ideas? thanks!

Can you link to the thread? Were you able to root her eris yet?

mamawm

Reaction score
that's true that most of us were automatically updated to 2.1, but there are some out there, like my son, who are still on 1.5. he just kept refusing the 2.1 update until they no longer offered it to him.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, ok. Thanks for the info. I flashed my wife's Eris to tge 2.1 leak, so i had to wait for jcases app to root. The OP can also flash the stock 2.1 ROM with the RUU from HTC too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

gsxr310

Reaction score

Can you link to the thread? Were you able to root her eris yet?

before i started the other thread, i wanted to atleast manually push the OTA update, and found this thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/103899-i-missed-ota-how-do-i-go-1-5-2-1-a.html but the link seems no good no more (post 3)? not sure why she's still on 1.5 though. i originally wanted to fix her market so i figured doing any update would fix it (whether it be rooting or doing the OTA update:)) but was unsuccessful at doing either one.

the phone is able to send txt's, make calls, connect to wifi/gmail acct... but when i try to open the market it says "network error".. can't remember the exact phrase. i'm also not sure if she's running any kind of task killer (if that makes any difference)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try flashing the flashback 21 rom in the ROM stickey thread. If that doesn't work, I'll find you the OTA when I get home. I'm pretty sure I have it saved somewhere.

OP
G

gsxr310

Reaction score
Try flashing the flashback 21 rom in the ROM stickey thread. If that doesn't work, I'll find you the OTA when I get home. I'm pretty sure I have it saved somewhere.

this is for an "un"rooted eris, right? just making sure as the phone is not rooted.

OP
G

gsxr310

Reaction score
i'd like to do the manual OTA update. i'll root it later. just want to get the market working. do you still have that link? btw u can delete the other thread. thanks again!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once again, standard disclaimer applies:
You are a big boy (girl), and you know the risks of messing with your phone. blah. blah. blah... if it screws up your phone its not our fault.

Manually Update Droid Eris to Android 2.1 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE, DO THE FOLLOWING FIRST!!!!!

By default, 1.5 software does NOT SAVE YOUR CONTACTS TO GOOGLE!!!!!!!! Go through your contacts 1 at a time, and verify they are saved as Google contacts and NOT PHONE CONTACTS. PHONE CONTACTS are only saved LOCALLY. AFTER YOU WIPE YOUR PHONE ALL CONTACTS WILL BE LOST IF THEY ARE NOT SAVED AS GOOGLE CONTACTS!!!

From Droid-Life:
Instructions for installation…
1. Download this file: (alt link)
2. Rename the file to “update.zip” or just “update” if your PC does not show file extensions.
3. Drop the file onto the root of your SD card.
4. Power off your Eris.
5. Hold the “volume down” button and then power on.
6. Scroll down to “recovery” and press the power button.
7. When you see the triangle and exclamation mark, press “power” and “home” at the same time.
8. Select “apply sdcard: update.zip” and your phone will load the update.
9. Once it says “Install from sdcard complete” you are finished.
10. Official 2.1 for the Eris in the house.

OP
G

gsxr310

Reaction score
the update worked, but the market still doesn't open. any ideas? it says "a server error has occurred. retry, or cancel and return to previous screen." just like it said when i was in 1.5