Want to remove Facebook contacts--but HOW?

Sutra

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and I just called Motorola. She did not have an answer on how to unsync Facebook contacts, but she did suggest changing the contact display options, and that worked. Go to "Contacts". Press the menu button. Select "Display Options" Scroll to "Choose contacts to display". All your current accounts should be listed here. Select "Facebook". Uncheck "All Contacts" Then touch "Save". Some one suggested going to something called "Accounts and Sync" but there is no such thing on my phone. Only a thing called "Accounts" under which the only menu option is "Add Account" No sync options anywhere.

jmcelroy

Reaction score
This was probably one of the most frustrating things about droids for me, and I wasn't able to find help for my specific phone which is an Ally LG on Android 2.2.2 - so I'm posting what I did to fix it, in hopes it may help others. Open your facebook app, logout, go to settings, applications, manage applications, click the Running tab, and make sure Facebook has stopped running. Go back to facebook, log in, make sure your phone is in the vertical position with the keyboard closed, not horizontal with the keyboard open, because you can't see the option or scroll down to Don't Sync Contacts. Check that field and log in. It will remove all the facebook contacts it added previously. I hope this helps someone else, because I spent a great deal of time searching on the internet, talking to customer support etc.. Good luck to you all.

Mfusick

Reaction score
Just remove FB...the net's biggest virus! Next to MS that is! lol

PS - Linux rules! :icon_ banana:

I can't even find out how do do that.

It came pre-installed on my phone. It has been updated with the new OS.

It does not show up in the applications manager or the icon on screen anymore.

But it still is installed.

jmcelroy

Reaction score
Facebook

I figured it out! It was never really explained to me so I had to learn the hard way. Click CONTACTS, then, there is a button on your phone that has four lines, the top line is slightly longer then the other's. On my ALLY it is the Third button from the left, this opens a sub menu within CONTACTS. Next, click DISPLAY OPTIONS, and there you go! You can sort or arrange it how you'd like.

I did it the hard way though, I completely logged out of Facebook, reinstalled it, logged in but this time I made certain I selected DO NOT IMPORT Facebook contacts.

I hope that helps you out!

Good luck and take care :)

Jonathan

droidultra88

Reaction score
facebook contact synch to droid-unwanted

Open contacts, select menu button, select accounts, select facebook, then remove account.
You will lose your facebook but then re-add the account but turn off the sync and don't sync with contacts. Hope this helps and is clear enough.

Thanks for this info-it worked for me.
however when adding the FB account bacck it does not allow the off box for the FB account when re-added, it only allows view of the account login.
but, it has not - so far - re-added all the FB synched contacts. Halelujah.
Thank you.

firegurl

Reaction score
If it is a Droid X then go into your Contacts using the phone icon NOT the shortcut icon.......hit the MENU button.....select "Display Options".....the select "Facebook".....then uncheck the box......it will delete all the contacts that were added through Facebook....I am assuming the same would work for Twitter but I don't have a Twitter account.

firegurl

Reaction score
When I am on my contacts screen and I press the MENU button I have the options of
"Add Contact"
"Accounts"
"Share name cards"
"Display Options"
"Import/Export"
"More"
You go into "Display Options" then under "Choose contacts to display" you choose "Facebook" then uncheck it.

whisperwalk

Reaction score
got rid of fb contacts BUT fb app problem???

So I deleted the account from my settings and BAM! those bagillion contacts went poof :)

You folks are so smart.

When I went to install a fb app, I found several
They all asked in the privacy section to be permitted to make changes to contacts.

So is there such a thing as a fb app that doesn't get to mess with my droid3 contacts OR list my location? For serious safety reasons I need to REALLY know that my phone isn't giving out locations or contacts of fb, but I love social networking as much as the next person. Suggestions?

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
I was about to ask this question myself, but did a search and found this thread.

I slogged through this myself, trying to get Facebook friends out of my Contacts list. Went through Phone looking forl the right button/menu option with no luck. Read this thread, saw jmcelry's post, and was able to figure it out. Here, for Droid Razr Maxx users:
- Select "People" (not "Contacts")
- Hit the Menu button
- Select "Contacts to display"
- Select "Phone"

Facebook contacts are still available, they're just not shown when searching in Phone for contacts. Phew! Live and learn...

katingle12

Reaction score
Thank You

~Bdearborn887 - thank you so much! This worked perfectly for me, and was very easy :)