Wallpaper Resolution for Bionic?

LBrooks

Reaction score
hmm I did that and now it is huuuge like you said. Don't think it will look right for a background on the bionic, idk I guess I will have to keep playing with it.
Here's the image I am working on.

View attachment 40802

Dude - you did *not* tell me you were trying to *upsize* a pic *face palm* ;o) ... A whole different story there, man ... Upsizing a picture for the web is a tricky thing - it can *usually* be done by only a few pixels and still maintain any quality (in short form - you're sort of trying to put pixels in there that don't exist) ... so what ends up happening is - your pic ends up with "jagged edges" ... So - I've taken the pic you put up here - upsized it as much as I could (it does not look good man :eek:( ) - because the proportions don't meet the 960 x 540 - you still end up with about 30pixels empty on either side - so I just filled those in (yeah, I didn't spend but a few minutes on it, so don't look real close, okay ??? ;o) ) ... but you see what happened to the quality of the pic right ? Your smaller pic quality is very nice - but in taking the pic up in size - see what happens to it right ??? :eek:( ... Does any of this make sense??? Taking a photo *down* in size - *much* *much* easier ... :eek:) - Sorry - HTH
tumblr_loauh91jpE1qzkp97o1_960-copy.jpg

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Dude - you did *not* tell me you were trying to *upsize* a pic *face palm* ;o) ... A whole different story there, man ... Upsizing a picture for the web is a tricky thing - it can *usually* be done by only a few pixels and still maintain any quality (in short form - you're sort of trying to put pixels in there that don't exist) ... so what ends up happening is - your pic ends up with "jagged edges" ... So - I've taken the pic you put up here - upsized it as much as I could (it does not look good man :eek:( ) - because the proportions don't meet the 960 x 540 - you still end up with about 30pixels empty on either side - so I just filled those in (yeah, I didn't spend but a few minutes on it, so don't look real close, okay ??? ;o) ) ... but you see what happened to the quality of the pic right ? Your smaller pic quality is very nice - but in taking the pic up in size - see what happens to it right ??? :eek:( ... Does any of this make sense??? Taking a photo *down* in size - *much* *much* easier ... :eek:) - Sorry - HTH
View attachment 40820

Makes TOTAL sense. I don't know what I was thinking, I apologize for my ignorance I should definitely done some more research on what exactly I was trying to do. I really appreciate all your help and guidance. I guess I will just have to search for bigger images next time :/ I don't think any of the pictures I found are going to be transferable to the bionic background because they are all relatively the size of the picture I posted. Thanks again though...

LBrooks

Reaction score
Makes TOTAL sense. I don't know what I was thinking, I apologize for my ignorance I should definitely done some more research on what exactly I was trying to do. I really appreciate all your help and guidance.
That's what forums are for, right ? :eek:) ... Any time I can help with something like this, I'm happy to do it - just let me know :eek:)

Thanks again though...
No problem, Chuck :eek:) ...