wall charger

tj1772

Reaction score
I'm on my third wall charger. Is anyone having the same issue. It will charge from computer with no problem. For some reason my wall charger keeps going out. Is there a problem with my phone.

scf

Reaction score
I'm on my third wall charger. Is anyone having the same issue. It will charge from computer with no problem. For some reason my wall charger keeps going out. Is there a problem with my phone.

If it charges with the computer, I'd say the issue lies wit the charger end that plugs in. Could be the USB connection to it, or possibly the outlet you are using. Maybe try a different outlet?

OP
T

tj1772

Reaction score
I tried using different outlets. Still no good. It just seems weird the wall charger keeps going out.

Nightmares

Reaction score
Just replaced my droid x, and im having a ton of problems with the charger going off. Saying its not plugged, the screen is going back and forth between please unplug the charger from the wall to save energy.

OP
T

tj1772

Reaction score
Same with me. This time I changed the wire. So far so good.

Purple Hayes

Reaction score
The charging cord say "eco" on them. Anything green has been compromised with the enviroment in mind which is never a good thing. I work for verizon and the best and most reliable Micro USB cords are the Blackberry Brand travel chargers. Set you back 15 online and about 30 in a store.

darthrogue

Reaction score
Did your power cord come with the cradle? Mine decided it won't charge my Droid X unless I wiggle it around a bunch... D:

OP
T

tj1772

Reaction score
So blackberry charger is compatible.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When I first got my X I used the Blackberry car charger that I had from my Tour. I have however ordered and use the actual one from Motorola now from Verizon. So yes the blackberry one will work whether it will cause damage in the long run not sure. I just didn't want to chance the wattages being different.

Technoman

Reaction score
When I first got my X I used the Blackberry car charger that I had from my Tour. I have however ordered and use the actual one from Motorola now from Verizon. So yes the blackberry one will work whether it will cause damage in the long run not sure. I just didn't want to chance the wattages being different.

I am not meaning to sound condescending in this post, but as someone who studied electronics and still lives with it everyday I had to respond here.

Wattage has nothing to do with it. The issue to note is Voltage and current.
Voltage being the applied voltage to the device when connected, and current being the amount being drawn. Since the device (your Droid) is the load, current is actually controlled by the load being placed on the charger at the applied voltage. So if the starting voltage is not correct, then the actual current being drawn will be different.

Wattage (better known as electrical power) depends on the voltage and current.

See the site below for a quick lesson if you want....

HowStuffWorks "What are amps, watts, volts and ohms?"

The big thing to note on your wall charger is the voltage it is supplying.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thank you for the quite long correction, I actually meant to say voltage.

Purple Hayes

Reaction score

I am not meaning to sound condescending in this post, but as someone who studied electronics and still lives with it everyday I had to respond here.

Wattage has nothing to do with it. The issue to note is Voltage and current.
Voltage being the applied voltage to the device when connected, and current being the amount being drawn. Since the device (your Droid) is the load, current is actually controlled by the load being placed on the charger at the applied voltage. So if the starting voltage is not correct, then the actual current being drawn will be different.

Wattage (better known as electrical power) depends on the voltage and current.

See the site below for a quick lesson if you want....

HowStuffWorks "What are amps, watts, volts and ohms?"

The big thing to note on your wall charger is the voltage it is supplying.

When you look at the Blackberry Charger the Voltage input and output is the same as the stock charger.

throwscoach

Reaction score
I've found that my charger from my Storm 2 helps the phone hold a better charge than the stock charger that I got with the DX. I've ran each in different rooms and even different apartments since I've recently moved and results are still the same. Part of me thinks that this is what you get when you are using 2 separate peices for a power cord.