waking the screen without disconnecting your call

ephlat

Reaction score
When on a call holding the phone in my hand, the screen blacks out, as it's supposed to when next to my face, to prevent accidental "button pushing." When I move the phone away, the screen comes back on. However, if I am using the internal speaker or a bluetooth connected speaker, the screen "times out" according to the timing set in the system display settings. (I have mine set to one minute.) But as far as I can tell, the ONLY way to get the screen to turn back on is to press the power button -- and that DISCONNECTS the call! Which means there is no way to look at my calendar or the web or any other app while on a speaker call (after the screen has timed out).

Is there any other way to turn the screen back on without disconnecting the call? Or, Is there a setting somewhere that prevents the screen from timing out while on speaker or bluetooth?

SallyC

Reaction score
Turn off Power button ends call, unless you need it. From your Home screen go Menu>Accessibility>uncheck Power button ends call.

OP
E

ephlat

Reaction score
Thanks. That does solve the problem, although I'm not happy about forfeiting the ability to end a call with the power button. Seems like a design flaw - you ought to be able to either disable screen timeout while on a speaker/bluetooth call, or have a way to turn the screen back on (tap the volume button, shake the phone, etc.).

satishv

Reaction score
Thanks. That does solve the problem, although I'm not happy about forfeiting the ability to end a call with the power button. Seems like a design flaw - you ought to be able to either disable screen timeout while on a speaker/bluetooth call, or have a way to turn the screen back on (tap the volume button, shake the phone, etc.).

Hi All,

I am alos facing the same issue, is any other way( instead of un-check Power button ends call option) to continue the using other phone features while still being in call.

Regards,
Satish

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am alos facing the same issue, is any other way( instead of un-check Power button ends call option) to continue the using other phone features while still being in call.

Regards,
Satish

While on the phone, I'm assuming your using the speakerphone or blue tooth, press the home key while the screen is on, it will take you to the home screen and allow you to use the phone like normal, while still in your call.

Obviously audio won't work for videos and such as you're on the phone

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!