Wake up screen when SMS is received?

YoungDrea

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any way to wake up the screen when a text is received? I know you can have that option for text replacement apps such as Go SMS, but I'm just trying to stick to stock now. Couldn't find anything in the settings but might have over looked something? Thanks DancingNexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There may be some sort of app in the market that might help that (that isn't another sms app), but as for stock settings, nope. What the LED is for buddy:)

GoBears

Reaction score
Handcent will do this and much much more. Check it out. Stock app has no such option unfortunately.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll search the market and see. And yes the LED is great (stock is very slow but Light Flow is amazing) .. had Handscent back when I had my Incredible. Sticking to stock now but if I can't find anything I may have to break down and download it. :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I was just wondering if there was any way to wake up the screen when a text is received? I know you can have that option for text replacement apps such as Go SMS, but I'm just trying to stick to stock now. Couldn't find anything in the settings but might have over looked something? Thanks DancingNexus

I don't think there is with the stock messaging app. Just checked the settings. :(

I use GO SMS personally.

GoBears

Reaction score
You know, now that you mention it, I think there was an add on to stock for a pop up and screen on. If I find it I'll post it up.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
GO SMS was really good too. I really liked that app. I'm trying to cut back on excessive app downloads, but may have to do it. lol.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use SMS popup for this, works great.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Downloaded it, and works great. Woohoo. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Downloaded it, and works great. Woohoo. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

If you're using Lightflow for your LED notifications, you'll need to go into Lightflow>notifications>click sms> then check Alternate on monitoring and Alternate off monitoring. For some reason they need to be checked for SMS notifications to work with SMS pop up.