Wait for OTA gingerbread or root now

turdbogls

Reaction score
So the gb for the rb is being rolled out ? Can anyone confirm this

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
she was making that comment for the incredible...must have gotten mixed up and lost her place in the forums. the rumor was supposed to be around now, but obviously we haven't seen anything yet.

What I really Want is the new sense 3.0. I have read that the Thunderbolt will not get the new version of sense. So rooting it may be. How do I go about blocking the OTA after root?

there is an app you can freeze or delete, or flashing a custom ROM will block the OTA.

Yes, definitely root now.

DAS BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 is SWEET. Soooo smooth. Little hard on the battery life but still better than stock!!
you should try BAMF forever....it is amazing....much smoother than bamf RC 4.9

When we get the OTA Gingerbread is it coming with sense 3.0 or do we have to root to get it?

HTC has said sense 3.0 is only for dual core processors....so no, we will not get 3.0. but it is possible we will get certain aspects of it (like the lock screen and maybe a couple apps from it)

Rhino94

Reaction score
Well then why the f*ck did they release a single core phone? That couldn't run their next sense UI that was right around the corner? If they release another HTC phone on the 4g network I will be pissed if they don't offer me some type of deal for it if I don't have sense 3.0

wlaw422

Reaction score
OP: I was debating just like you back in July. I had been waiting patiently for a GB update since June. After a few specific dates had passed where I was supposed to get an over the air update and it never came I decided thats it.

I threw away my fear, set aside a whole night to root, read lots of tips and instructions and did it. What i ended up with was just a stock phone that was rooted essentially.

Over the next few days I discovered the wonderful world of flashing different ROMS and kernels. I've been hooked ever since. Favorite part is experimenting and getting better battery life. Can't imagine ever going back to the days before root.