Wait for Bionic or go with Photon??

hdnoejr1

Reaction score
After so many issues with TB, do I wait for Bionic and stay with Verizon or ditch them and go with the Photon?

Sprint is offering waived activation fee and $125 credit for switching. Slick phone(Bionic twin?) for $199 - $125 = $74 for this phone? Is Sprint's network/WIMAX worth the switch or do I wait it out?

Oh yeah, $79.99 unlimited plan too on Sprint.

Need some expert opinions....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Well, the Photon would be cheaper...and its a great phone, so I would go with that.
And Sprint is working on removing/taking off some of there bloatware, and has a very good unlimited plan. Even though WiiMax has slower download speeds than LTE, Sprint seems to get a better set of phones.

So if I were you, I would go with the Photon. But I would wait and see if the Bionic has any surprise specs first.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can wait another month, I'd do that first to compare phones. But if you can't, I'd just go with sprint.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mike02vr6

Reaction score
If you can I would wait for the bionic or another phone on VZW, I had spring/nextel and they were absolutely terrible, dropped calls like crazy. Not sure where you live but I think verizon has the best coverage of all. just my .02

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check your area first. See how sprint compares to Verizon in terms of coverage and dropped calls. From there you can decide on whether you want Sprint and the Photon.

mjones73

Reaction score
Keep in mind if you walk away from Verizon, no more unlimited data if you decide to come back.. I'd test one and be sure before you cancel the other.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
You're only talking a couple weeks longer. Good things come to those who wait.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
After so many issues with TB, do I wait for Bionic and stay with Verizon or ditch them and go with the Photon?

Sprint is offering waived activation fee and $125 credit for switching. Slick phone(Bionic twin?) for $199 - $125 = $74 for this phone? Is Sprint's network/WIMAX worth the switch or do I wait it out?

Oh yeah, $79.99 unlimited plan too on Sprint.

Need some expert opinions....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

It depends on how good is Sprint Service in your area. If Verizon is better go with them... But most of all you should wait and test both phones for yourself.. Do not trust other people opinions just take it into consideration and test them out for yourself then make your own educated decision...