Volume, way too low...

S

spacemanps

So since i got my phone, when i talk on the phone, the in-call volume is wayyyy to low! i put the rocker all the way up and its just hard to hear the person..

its been like this since i got my phone..

OP
S

spacemanps

any one with input? i called verizon, they said to go to a store... but i have been reading a lot of people with this problem...

please let me know if you are or are not having this issue so i know if its just me or all Dinc

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Call the one in the store, and see which one is better, if the one in the store is better, have them replace yours.

zMd113

Reaction score
I have no volume issues at all. All I can say is that the media, ringtone, and in-call volume are all controlled separately so when in the middle of a call turn up the volume because ringtone volume does not equel in-call volume. But I assume you've already done that.

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Maybe try a sound manager if you are still having problems.

Scythe

Reaction score
Make sure your "System Volume" is up (it's your master volume control). Use any sound manager to change it. Then get an app that will lock the volume level.

Woehoss

Reaction score
I have the same issue on and off with my Incredible. Sometimes the audio cuts out comletely. I've been told there is a software update coming out to fix it for the Incredible as well as audio issues with the Droid and the Eris. Don't know when that's going to happen though.

OP
S

spacemanps

so i just did a settings reset and it worked..

OP
S

spacemanps

got an email from htc...

Dear (my name),

Dear (My name), All of the research I have done points to an application you have downloaded that has corrupted the software on the device. You will need to do a Hard Reset and than see which application causes the issue when you re-download your applications. A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, third-party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, from the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process will take 5–10 minutes. If you have any other questions or concerns please Reply back to this email or give us a call at our HTC Technical Support Line, 1-866-449-8358. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I’d like to invite you to take a survey at HTC Online Survey, you can also checkout HTC Online Store (US) - Free Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service for more information. HTC Technical Support HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs HTC | Facebook YouTube - HTC's Channel HTC (htc) on Twitter

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number ________________________.

Sincerely,

Lindsay

HTC

Woehoss

Reaction score
Give it a try, can't hurt anything. Just make sure you know your gmail login information so you can get your contacts back, and make note of what apps you want to re-download.

I hard reset my phone the other day and haven't noticed the audio thing since. Haven't made too many phone calls to accurately judge if it fixed it or not, but it seems to be working for the moment.

kaizen13

Reaction score
I found another solution you can try. On my phone the Hearing Aid option was turned on and my sound got better when I disabled it. Go to Settings, then Call, and deselect Hearing aids.

nytewalker

Reaction score
hello all...i have the htc evo 3d...i need to know if anyone out there knows how to increase the volume...i have it up to the max yet it is still low...otherwise a great phone...help...dont want to trade it in

Arnfinn

Reaction score
hello all...i have the htc evo 3d...i need to know if anyone out there knows how to increase the volume...i have it up to the max yet it is still low...otherwise a great phone...help...dont want to trade it in

A equalizer did the trick on my htc incredible s :)