Volume button not working!

drazr11

Reaction score
Yesterday my volume button worked fine but today I tried to turn my ringer volume down and it didn't work. I had to go into settings and do it tht way. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yesterday my volume button worked fine but today I tried to turn my ringer volume down and it didn't work. I had to go into settings and do it tht way. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I would try first a soft-reboot. Hold the power button and volume down button together for at least 10 seconds. If the phone reboots then the button is functioning normally and it was likely a software glitch. Once the reboot is completed, try the volume button again and it will likely work fine. If it reboots but the volume button still won't lower the volume, then I would point to an app that may be interfering.

If it won't reboot that way, try power and volume up, and again if it doesn't reboot that way, you have a hardware failure and it's time to take the phone in for replacement.

OP
drazr11

drazr11

Reaction score
When I do either of those all tht happens is tht a phone menu pops up. No reboot

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When I do either of those all tht happens is tht a phone menu pops up. No reboot

Sent from my DROID RAZR

So you pressed and held BOTH the power AND the volume buttons for AT LEAST 10 seconds, and all you got was the power button menu? This sounds like a hardware failure (bad volume button). I would take it to a Phone Center Store and get it replaced. Alternatively you can call *611 and they'll ship you one with a return label.

OP
drazr11

drazr11

Reaction score
I just turned it off and bck on and it's working again

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just turned it off and bck on and it's working again

Sent from my DROID RAZR

When in doubt, reboot. I should have suggested that when the two-button approach didn't work. :blink: My bad. :frown: Glad you got it working again :icon_ banana:, but now I'd look at what app may have caused it because it was clearly a software glitch.