Voicemail Issue

ReadNotReed2007

Reaction score
Alright guys I'm new to the forum, but I have an issue. I had 3 voicemails and downloaded YouMail, registered and all that stuff blah blah blah. YouMail didnt recognize or register that I already had three voicemails so I couldnt delete them/listen to them. So i uninstalled YouMail to try and access those voicemails but when I call voicemail it still uses my YouMail recorded message, and says I have no voicemails. I want that stupid voicemail Icon out of the top left of my screen! Anyone know what i can do?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Disable conditional forwarding. When you "change" voicemail you're really setting up conditional forwarding to forward to a different number when you don't answer of if you're already on the phone. Voicemail isn't built into your phone. FYI, Youmail has no way of knowing what voicemail you have with Verizon. They're entirely separate systems.

Try referring to:
Verizon | Calling Features: No Answer/Busy Transfer - Verizon Wireless Support

warrior21

Reaction score
I had the same exact issue this past weekend. Hit *73 on your phone and when you hear the beeping you can hang up and dial your voice mail.

mg1cigar

Reaction score
Voice mail icon

I'm new to this forum and this phone too, I haven't down loaded any secondary v/m, and my icon will also not go away. I've tried shutting down my phone, listening to all of my v/m's. I have listened to all (4) of my v/m's, which in this case I need to save them. My Icon still will not go away, even if I dial *73. This is going on three days now and I'm sick of looking at that icon.
Please help
Thx,
Mike